Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello,
    It has taken me some time to get logged on, thanks jason.

I recently traveled cross -country in my 94 Si del Sol in order to relocate to Portland. I am currently looking for a shop to do an engine swap. It would be nice if i had the time and place to do the work myself, but neither are avialable. I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop that they would trust for such a task. The car is to be my daily driver so the swap has to be done right and be dependable. I had thought of going to Ground Zero for this work, but had hoped that I could have a few more options.
    any help would be appreciated

thanks
    tommie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know about the quality of the shops, but I can give you a couple more

Race Dezign
    and
    Speed Concepts

Actually I am not sure if either does swaps, but at Race Dezign, the were a bunch of enignes, heads, and trannys laying around.

At speed concepts, they do install all their parts they sell, just not sure if they sell swaps. I couldn't see into the shop area.

Too bad I don't have a place either, it really isn't all that hard to swap motors, especially in our cars. (If you stick with a B or D series motor.)

I put on a header in about an hour yesterday. Too bad it wasn't on my car, it was on my girls 94 GSR.

Jason

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jason,
    sorry to here about your race design experiance. It is such **** . Most of the time we spend top dollar for parts and have to recieve abuse in the process. I have committed to going to ground zero, so to **** with race designs. Since i am putting in a GSR motor i may be interested in that exhaust manifold. I can't say for sure until i find out what the total bill is on the engine swap, so it may be a while before i would know.

good luck

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 29, 2002 11:52 AM: Message edited by: t-lucas ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    FORGET RACE DEZIGN!!!!!

I had a horrible experience with them.
    I now have an EXTRA header (DC Sports 4-2-1 One piece) for an Integra GSR 94-99.

They wanted a 20% restocking fee for a part they got late and wrong. I wanted my money back before they even ordered the part, they still wanted the fee.

I am kindof jumping around in the story, but I am just SOOOOOO pissed I can't even keep my thoughts straight.

If anyone wants to buy it for 280.00 you can write me [email protected] or [email protected]

I never even opened the box. I have no need for it, my girlfriend already has a new header on her car.

I ended up buying the header from Speed Concepts. Those guys were totally professional, they had the right part in stock, they helped me as soon as I walked in the door, and the didn't lie to me over the phone.

As for Race Dezign, they were the exact opposite. They really ruined what is usually a fun deal; getting and putting on new parts. (Not to mention their prices were higher when first quoted, but I got them to price match.)

I am making sure I tell everyone I know how bad they really were. If you would like the whole story, or are considering buying anything from them shoot me an email.

[img]mad.gif[/img] Jason [img]mad.gif[/img]