Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OKAY PEOPLEZ! I have no clue how to summarize this but i'll try. Basically, use this thread to survey the granaboard population(whoever is reading this) and ask broad questions on games. NOTE: my question pertains to grandia 2. YOURS DO NOT HAVE TO BE ABOUT IT AS WELL. any game that you would like to hear peoples opinions on certain happenings in the game, feel free to ask. Also, please do not let other people's opinions sway your own as i'm greedy and wanna hear everyones opinion not one persons [img]tongue.gif[/img] . MARK SPOILERS AND FOR WHAT YOU ARE SPOILING(the game's name)! It's evil to ruin things for people without giving them the warning so just do it.

*GRANDIA II MAJOR SPOILERS*

Mine is who do you think Ryudo should be with at the end of Grandia 2? or should he be with neither? please say why you feel this.

And since i'm a bigmouth i'd like to assert my opinion on this one [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I think Ryudo ultimately would stay friends with both and could and would never choose. Elena and Millenia grew so close to Ryudo that it was much more than a simple sexual bond, that was obviously there, but since there was something so much deeper and meaningful at stake, choosing would be impossible because he would fracture that bond with whomever he had not chosen. Plus, sitting in one spot with one person doesn't fit Ryudo's character. He would easily be cramped and wander and could never be totally devoted to one particular item in his mind.

*END OF SPOILERS*

<font color="#345E81"><font size="1">[ August 21, 2005 06:25 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font></font>

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ August 25, 2005 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Blahguy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Note: Please remember to mark spoilers for everything. I've marked them in the first post as an example.

WRT first question on Grandia II:

This is an interesting question! Years ago, we have talked a lot on it, and my signature for the first year of the Granaboard was always: "What if
    Ryudo, Elena and Millenia had a three-way relationship? =)))". Now I realize I haven't thought on it for a long time.

I've thought on it for a few minutes and considered all the possible outcomes. The story gets in trouble by the end of the game, as it's not clear what should they do, and that's why they decided to end the game like that.

Dragonrider (old member, disappeared) said he'd have liked Millenia to stay dead so it would have been a complete end. I must say I consider this idea much more attractive than I used to, but I still think Millenia living is nicer and happier, and I don't like angsty emo endings. Besides, Millenia living makes sense in a very strange way - the theory that Elena is a descendant of Granas, which explains a few things. For more information, refer to the Theory Archive in the Granaboard website, Bj-Wiseman Elena Theory.

Being friends alone would hurt. None of them could ever marry anybody else, because that'd feel so wrong, out of place, and uneasy.

Under the Bj-Wiseman Elena Theory, I explained why I think Millenia is a creation of Elena, or rather, a manifestation of Elena showing different facets of her personality. Both of them said they love each other, and both of them said they love Ryudo, who, in turn, loves both.

This is why I think Elena, Millenia and Ryudo should end up in a special three way relationship. Extraordinary situations require extraordinary solutions, and I think being the three together would bring the most happiness for the three of them out of all the possible outcomes. Only problems would be sex and descendants, but I'm sure they'd get over what is a minor issue compared to true love. I'm sure they could share Ryudo, or be the three together. Millenia would more easily have an idea about this. And if they really can't live with that, then they should stay in love without sex (by spoken or unspoken agreement) and live together until the end.

Usually, a three-way relationship would feel wrong. I of all people can tell; I'm a conservative (not puritan or religious though). Yet here, what feels wrong is to not end like this. A three-way relationship sounds like the one and only natural ending for Grandia II to me.

I think I haven't changed my mind, but I have widened it and can now reason better over it.

I'm interested on hearing what Granaboarders think of this today. Years have passed and we have evolved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Elena and Ryudo will get together, get married and have cute children with special creation powers

Maybe Ryudo will have some children with Millenia too, but I don't see her as the marrying type

Either case Millenia will be happy to see Elena and Ryudo together.

*END OF SPOILERS*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="red">GRANDIA II HEAVY SPOILERS!</font> You know. don't read it til you're done with the game.
    Mmm... in this meaning, a lot has been written, from Yuri between Elena and Millenia (sorry i know this has little to see with the game itself, but it is there!) to the whole Melfice Resurrection so both of them (Elena and Millenia) could be satisfied.

I rather to think that Ryudo would be friends with both, and would leave them go, as they were indeed very good friends, but, if we see the end, he "ends" with none of them. He ends alone, leaving the sword he got from Melfice, and the end of their story remains open.

It is eassier to think that if Millenia had died in the Womb of Valmar, the logical end for Ryudo would be choosing Elena. But if we think it carefully, wouldn't it be a too topical ending? (saves the world and gets the chick, end...) Also, it would be really a bad end, i share this opinion too. (for dead characters, you had there Mareg's death)

Also, it would be more fair to Millenia to keep alive, as she is not the Demon she is suposed to be, or perhaps, as many people defend, she is just a creation of Elena to feed the Wings while she keeps her own soul safe.

So, what is my point? Ryudo would choose neither of them. but stay as friends, and as far as Elena is fine knowing that they're safe (she can "feel" them through the vibrations of the world) Millenia would just need a bit of courage (nothing hard for hers) so she'd throw herself to Ryudo when she saw him, and so, Millenia would stay with Ryudo.

So, Ryudo would stay with Millenia, but because of Millenia's choice, not because of Ryudo.
    End of Spoilers.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ August 22, 2005 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Melfice ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

!!!!!GRANDIA2 MAJOR SPOILERS... LIKE IN ALL OF THESE POSTS!!!!!
    I think that since Elena and Millenia are one and same, Wiseman's 3-way relationship is the answer to this. And I'm sure Ryudo wouldn't mind... [img]wink.gif[/img]

About Millenia remaining alive, I really really hoped it as soon as I saw the Womb of Valmar scene. Mareg's death was far more than enough for me, I was sad for weeks. And when I palyed it the second time, I had to stop playing for a month to be prepared to watch the death of Mareg again. He was truly amazing. millenia is not the evil, not a demon that would have deserved death. The story is magical. And the opening end was a nice idea as well. It couldn't have been finished otherwise.

Altho I like the idea of Death Ninja, in his story just love, where Melfice lives (or revives, can't remember) and gets together with Millenia, making it way easier for Ryudo to decide with Elena. 2 awesome happy couples, need anything else?

I was also hoping for a continuingof the story of Grandia 2, but that won't happen I see, they leave it to our imaginations forever and ever...
    EOS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehehe... DN's "Just Love" is simply the best G2 Fanfic i've ever seen. (and far, one of the best i've seen, though, my experience with Fanfics is limited.)

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree Melf, it's really is the best. Too bad it's unfinished.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*GRANDIA II MAJOR SPOILERS!!*

Well, if you're this far down, you know that there's spoilers. Hurrah.

Basically, I have a simple explanation.

Ryudo does not marry. He either stays single or gets involved with someone else. I don't think he'd ever be able to choose between the two. If he did, the "loser" would probably feel crushed (or killed), yadda, yadda. He'd get guilty feelings and be unable to continue a relationship with the other one.

*END OF SPOILERS*

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ August 25, 2005 10:16 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This thread is not only about Grandia II and it doesn't mark spoilers in the title; therefore, spoiler marking is mandatory in every post, indicating which game are the spoilers for (even if the game were in the thread title).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Wise for mentioning that. I just fixed up the beginning so it mentions it, but thanks for staying on top of that. Please mark your spoilers all ^.^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast