Thread: Philosophy: Why do people die? (think outside science)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this just came to mind cuz i think its pretty fun to talk about. be creative with this ^^

My bro and i were talking once and i came up with the idea that people die on accordance to an annoyance quota. you have a certain amount of people you can disrupt and bother before you just die. this fits about any scenario, even unborn children. in the case of an unborn child meeting its annoyance quota it's that the kid has bothered it's parents, friends, family, people teaching classes on how to raise a child and so the child would have a low annoyance quota. it disrupts that one last persons life and poof, dead.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ September 27, 2005 08:28 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For kids it's in the fine print on their birth certificates for adults it's part of their 401K's, my plan is to die in my late 30's to 40 at latest.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well it's not really "fun" to talk about imo... but interesting. I think people die when they've done the thing they were born for, in other words, when they reach their fate. Which cannot be changed. And I'm getting into Prince Of Persia: Wariior Within here a bit, but that's what I found the most... well accurate.

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lazy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You die either by suicide, accident, illness, when too many cells are too damaged with wastes from using oxygen, or, if we're careful, when our faulty cellular reproduction system runs out of telomerase and we degrade beyond measure. There's still a lot to investigate in this matter.

My country's life expectancy is over 78 years, and it'll rise by the time I'm old, so I expect to live about 100 years, possibly more. And I might be annoying lots of people!

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ September 27, 2005 08:35 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>