Thread: Games: Kutaragi "resigns" from Sony.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Company politics are nasty in any big corporation.

Kutaragi did several great things, such as the SPC-700 sound processor for the SNES, but he really screwed up with the PS2, and repeated a few mistakes in the PS3 (though it's overall much better than the PS2 for its time; at least it's technically good).

I didn't like him much for the kind of things he's used to say, but he earnt all my respect when a couple of months ago he talked against his company's digital restrictions management bullshit. Anybody who speaks against digital AIDS deserves respect.

Naturally, this got the mafia pissed off, and was probably a deciding factor for him to get fired. He spoke against the dictatorship of media corporations. Unforgivable. He was also criticized for criticizing his own company. This only goes to show Sony's immaturity as a company.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like the Sony execs have had enough of his embarassing public outbursts.

Click here to read Eurogamer's article on how he changed the industry over the last decade.

I think despite his arrogant comments as of late, he was one of the few people at Sony who knew what they were doing. He handed them a decade-long dominance over a thriving industry, and without him, i doubt the company will be able to maintain the Playstation brand's success further than the PS3 (the prospects of which are already looking dubious).

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 27, 2007 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One more nail in the giant coffin that hosts the PS3.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is a pretty big coffin though. It'll need a couple more nails to finish the job.