Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Games: Grandia III US release date.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its February 14th, known to all too many as Valentine Day.

Will this revive activity on the board though? Im not entirely sure myself: we'll have to wait, see, and then advertise this place with other potential online Grandia communities (such as gamefaqs). Alternatively, there might be a couple of fresh Grandia III fansites we can all tag onto. Either way,im looking forward to playing this game through in my native tongue, and seeing what slipped past the translation net.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I've been thinking on that. We have three choices: attract new members and make it active, make a new, larger site, or move to another community.

I can make a new site, although I won't have time for it until mid-February. And I've been posting at a nice community that's similar to this, only large.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still believe we should keep this like it is (perhaps attracting more people) because we are not "only" a Grandia comunity.

With regard to playing Grandia III in something understandable COOLNESS! I wish i had a PS2 (or 3 XD) to play it, as Grandia, and Grandia II were really really nice. Keep us updated Cata!

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Melfice. We have far more than just a board about Grandia 2, and other Grandia games. We have a huge history, throwing it away and joining a new site wouldn't be so good imo. Attracting members is the choice I vote for.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 29, 2006 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's probably what I'd like best (it's less work, and we keep the community), but do you know how could we do this? I suppose posting at the GFAQs G3 board, but I don't know if this will be effective... Hope so. We did it once, but I still have my doubts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We'd need to advertise the page somehow. Will think about it, but I'm not talented at that. Advertising I mean lol. Afterall, I found the site somehow as well.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thing is, the community will change with the influx of new users, and the conversation will only be as good as its participants. This is something we'll have to ready ourselves for if we're advertising at places like gamefaqs. Ive seen some involved, quality discussion, but the majority of posters over there are at the stage we ourselves were at 4 years ago (ie, a lot more excitable, immature and generally less fastidious with their writing). I think this is the only way to go, though; anything's better than the inactivity we've been having as of late, and the longer they'll stay here, the more competent posters they'll become anyway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They'll either get bored shortly (Or get ostracized if they're really stupid &lt;&lt , or they'll grow and become great to have around. Regardless, we'll be getting more active.

Feb. 14th is the worst release date ever. Couldn't it have been early or late Feb.?!

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 01, 2006 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's your problem with Feb 14th?

Follows
    Following