Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yah so I've gotten myself into this little predicament. Typically I'm a buyer not a seller so I have little to no clue about selling items over the internet.

Of course there's eBay but when I started read the fine print all of those little fees and such started to scare me. Too much hassle for what I want to do.

The first place I tried was a VERY large message board community which had a section devoted to selling and trading items. That worked well for a wallet that I was trying to get rid of since I priced it at a fairly low price.

BUT the other item I was seling an expensive purse (to guys it was lol). I don't think I'll be able to sell, since at that board I'm somewhat of a "newbie" and a member told be that trusting a person with so much money is questionable and I understand that. Since that place sort of runs on an honor system.

So yeah I just wanted a few suggestions T_T

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try ebay again. I managed to sell a Fist of the North Star box set (which i brought for ?20) for ?37. I was only charged ?3 for listing (which i guess is around $6). Good luck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm in the same situation as Beat-chan, I never sold stuff online but I could sell a few items. I'll consider eBay after reading OCB's experience.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im personally making profits through buying things really cheap of ebay, and then selling them on over amazon for a much higher price. For example, i picked up a mint copy of Ico for ?30 on ebay, while the going rate for the title on amazon is around ?50-130.

Ebay is a bit of hassle to sell over, however, amazon does charge 17.5% (in the UK) off the selling price, which is a nuisance. Ebay is cheaper, and if you use it in conjunction with paypal, its a good way of making money reliably.

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In other news relating to ebay, Xhel and I went on a ebay blizt and brought a ton of stuff together. He got a funky FFVII statue, and i got me some Haibane shiznits.

Much big up for gkworld. They have a ton of rare shit for low low prices. But i fear their anime may be countafeit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amazon has done me well so far and I buy a good deal from them. Never sold anything over it, though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well thanks everyone, I thought about Amazon but wasn't sure about their system. Anyhoo I think I've got a serious buyer on the purse ^_^ from the message board woo!