-
July 26th, 2003, 06:42 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Searching through the web I found this board to be particularly active and I wondered what RPG (that general RPG, not for one specific game) Sites you use.
Myself and my colleagues have begun a new RPG site located at WWW.TeamRPG.com so I am looking for input on what sites you use and if possible for those that may wish to become involved in TeamRPG to contact me.
I'd like to appologise in advance if the admins of this board and the site itself see this as advertising, it really isn't. TeamRPG is not finished, the site is up and the shell there but it lacks content. I would be upmostly appreciative if anything who thinks they can help with content, PHP coding anything and wants to be involved to contact me at
[email protected] which is also my msn account.
Needless to say if the response is positive we would add your site to our affiliates. I thank you for your time and hope for your response,
~Taz.
-
July 26th, 2003, 08:05 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Cool! I like that you have more than Square RPGs up there, but as a suggestion you should incorporate the Xeno games, and Chrono games on the site. I'm busy rihgt now, so I only viewed the main page real quick, so sorry if you had the games I mentioned already on there.
-
July 29th, 2003, 03:15 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I agree with Xellos Xeno series and chrono should be also added... Besides, what kind of content do you plan hosting there? (curiosity...)
-
July 29th, 2003, 04:41 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
Welcome to the Granaboard NeoTaz! This is Wiseman, the Granaboard founder and maintainer, and one of the two moderators in this message board.
Nope, I don't think this is advertising.
I mostly use just Google to find whatever info I need, so I visit a lot of them in no particular order. However, I found that www.rpgfan.com has most stuff I want and it's fairly serious in what I've read, so it's kind of my favorite so far.
I'm at a netcafe in my vacations right now, but I'll be back home later this week. Once I'm at home I'll check www.teamrpg.com and post a more detailed reply to this thread. In any case, good luck!
-
July 30th, 2003, 01:35 PM
#5
Inactive Member
It's okay, seems to be a site about RPG sagas in general.
-
August 2nd, 2003, 06:39 PM
#6
HB Forum Owner
This is a copy of the reply I sent to your E-Mail:
----
Hi! from the Granaboard maintainer, Wiseman.
It's always good news to know a new gaming site has been founded. I tried to access it today, 2003/08/02 Saturday at 21:20 CET but the site seems to be down/there seems to be no main page. I will try again later.
Currently, I have no time to even update my own website properly, so I'm afraid I cannot be of help. However, I will add TeamRPG.com to my bookmarks and be sure to visit it every time I need information on some RPG. Depending on the kind of contents you want, I might contribute with user reviews or something similar, but I can't become part of the regular staff or be in charge of anything because my spare time is very irregular and limited. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.
The RPG website I visit most is www.rpgfan.com . I think it's more serious than other RPG websites around, although I have not found a RPG website I agree 100% with. Another website I visited many times is RPGamer, but it's usually because links on other webpages or search results. When I need information on games, I normally use Google searches. I think it's important for you to be listed in Google's database and directory.
Maybe this could be useful to you too: I think most or all of them lack a more serious review and rating system. I mean a completely detailed ranking system which counts at least graphic technology, visual art, music, sound FX, story, gameplay and fun-factor, and lastability and replay value, rating the game in each section and calculating the final ranking with a weighted average. I don't want to sound like an arrogant fool by using my own posts as an example, but the kind of thing I'd want is as detailed as my reviews in this thread of my message board: http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=2817&t=346 . I like detailed and strict reviewing systems because they are useful to compare products and to determine the exact flaws or strong points the product has to the eyes of the reviewer; besides, it helps to get a glimpse of the quality, pros and cons of it in a quick look at the numbers. For example, if I wanted to get a new RPG for my system, and I value the story most, I would quickly take note of all the games with high story ratings and filter out everything else, instead of having to read a dozen reviews.
I hope this information helps.
Good luck with your project, and don't hesitate to ask in the Granaboard message board you need something else.
-Wiseman
----
-
August 3rd, 2003, 05:54 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
By request of Taz, I'm posting his reply to my E-Mail in my previous post:
----
Thank you for your reply [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes the information I gained from your letter was most useful and I think I
will try to incorporate some of it into the site.
User reviews are always welcome, in fact it takes a lot of strain off the
regular users of the site.
Right now the main page is down. In fact we're switching programmers so the
design is being revamped. Unfortunately our original designer things did not
work out with but I feel in the end it will actually speed up progress and
allow a much easier sustem to maintain to be created.
I will be sure to check granaboard and hope others replied as helpfully as
you did. Please check the site everyso often. I may hold you to those
reviews [img]wink.gif[/img]
~Taz
----
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks