Xellos and I have set up a temporary Granachannel, but we still have to think of a lot of things, like finding a server with a channel bot or something to prevent it from being stolen if nobody's in.
The server we are using is Undernet. You should connect to any Undernet server (try to choose the one closest to your place). The reason why this is important is that different servers (not mirrors) have different channels, so a channel may exist in DALnet and may not exist in Newnet, or it might exist with completely different users.
I chose Undernet for now because Undernet has many mirrors over the world, yet it's not the largest (DALnet is). I think it's a good choice because it's big and reliable, but not the biggest and possibly slowest because of it being overcrowded.
HOW TO JOIN
-------------
Connect to any Undernet server (try to choose the closest one to your place). Once connected, type:
/join #Granachannel albedo
in the MIRC Status tab. "albedo" is a password so no random DBZ l33t fanbois may get in.
If you find yourself alone, you're the new channel op (moderator). You should make sure the password is set; to do so just type anywhere:
/mode #Granachannel +k albedo
If you want to quit, or you want to give the op status to a different user, you may type:
/mode #Granachannel +o [user]
Please op me whenever I get in.
---
If you have any more questions, please ask them here.
Bookmarks