Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

" I'm sixteen. What else is on?"

Neither of the two suggested movies sounded partically thrilling, so far. It occurred to Nora that the point of going to a movie wasn't necessarily to see a movie. However, Nora dismissed this idea; no matter what the real point was, she didn't want to pay to see a movie that didn't look interesting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This news made thing slightly easier for Chris.

"Well, Black Hawk Down just started, it looks pretty good. did you want to go see that?"

Suggesting movies one at a time wasn't a great way to get things done fast, but what the hell. He had time, if she didn't then she'd hurry it up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

" Black Hawk Down sounds great. I'll just have to ask my mother. What time does it start, sorry?"

" After school, it's on at 5:00, 7:30 and 9:00. Any time suits me, when do you want to go?"

" Five, I think. Just a moment."

Nora put the phone down and padded downstairs.

" Woudl it be okay if I go to see a movie tomorrow night with a friend? I shoudl be home by nine."

" Who is your friend?"
    " Chris."
    " How did you meet her?"
    " Him. Out at the bus stop."
    " Oh. Well, I'm sorry, darling, but we are having a dinner party tomorrow evening. I didn't think to tell you, seeing as you never go out, anyway. I bought you a stunning new dress this afternoon, by the way. Your fathers business associates and their children. You could invite your friend along too, perhaps? If he has a suit, that it. He does have a suit, doesn't he? Well, if he does, tell him to arrive no later than five."

" Yes, Mother. Thankyou."
    " That's fine, darling."

Nora ran back up the stairs.

" I can't go. My parents are having a dinner party tomorrow evening. But you are invited, if you have a suit. You have a suit, don't you?"

She didn't wait for reply.

" Now, it starts at five, so dont be any earlier than 5:10. Fashionably late. That is, if you would like to come."

The very thought made Nora nervous.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chris was surprised. He sat in stunned silence for a second. Party? Suit? Her place? Suit? Jeez. This was a bit unexpected. Suit? Different from the movie he was expecting to go to. Suit? Chris still thought that was a bit strange. He had a decent suit, just a black tux, nothing special. He got it a while ago, but it still fitted. He only really wore it to weddings and funerals. Called it his Married/Buried suit.

Ah, what the hell, Chris thought. Always a good idea to try something new. Besides, Nora would be dressed up as well, he figured she'd look great.

**...Crap, better say something. I've been thinking for a while now**

"Sure, that'd be fine. I've got a suit. Where do you live, exactly? I'll make sure I'm there on time."

Chris thought he should give his car a wash, if he was going out. The inside kind of needed a vaccuum too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nora smiled. She could understand how this kind of thing could be intimidating. Or strange. A far cry from the movies.

" Section 15 in Mayfair Park. The code to get in the gate is 5317#. We are the plot at the top of the hill; you can't miss it. It will be lit up like a christmas tree. See you then, I suppose. Or at school tomorrow, perhaps."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12