Thread: Game Synopsis 1/14/5 (IMPORTANT TO READ)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Jasper did not have the ring, and while some of youthought he was lying, that proved not to be the case.

After a trip to Jasper's home, some pie and some talk, you discovered that there was a fey enclave in the woods, and Jasper's story about fairies taking his ring suddenly seemed plausible.

Your attempt to enter the woods was thwarted by a band of centairs. To prove your worthiness to enter the wood, you went out to eradicate the local ogres. A good fight against 4 of them left you depleted of healing, but with new wealth gained. Spells upon the party by its casters were useful, and continued to be so after the next three ogres returned and attacked.

The mission completed, the centaurs showed you the way to the pixies who had taken the ring. After a few pranks, they told you that the Lady of the wood, Ereka.

She was well guarded by other dryads and fey, and was rumored to be a powerful sorceress in her own right. She told you the ring was not magical, so to speak, but an artifact or relic of antiquity and with evil purpose, and that it must be destroyed. She gave the ring to the closest thing your party had to a peer: the elven mage, "Lirinor the Wise". She bade him follow the Twoheart, and to bring the "Singing Needle", "Stabbing Mind", "Protector of the Wood" and "Sun's Dark Face". You had the choice of taking the quest, or being free of it...and your memories (for clearly she could not let you leave this wood with knowledge of where the ring resides if you were not going to participate in its destruction).

The quest was taken up, and you must now find the Oracle of Serpent's Toothall. You also received the knowledge of your newfound wealth (listed below).

Scroll: Summon Monster II (3)
    Scroll: Magic Weapon (1)
    Vest of Escape
    Bracers of armor +2
    600 gold falcons
    1,000 silver moons

IMPORTANT NOTE: Anyone committing to this quest will gain the following:

ALL characters in this quest now have 11,000 xp total, regardless of whether or not they have played in every game to date with these characters. this makes you all the same level.

Additionally, you find Gerta at the inn (don't ask how or why she is there, she will not give you a straight answer). She can sell you just about anything you happen to need or don't need, and even has steeds with her. Please contact me privately for anything you wish to purchase, even magical items. You may find yourself with a deal on your hands if you do not ask for too much, compared to your assets.

When the party next sets out, it will be on foot to leave the inn, so get everything you think you will need, from mounts and food to weapons and healing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While Kel fears for his wizardly friend (Who must bear the "loathsome weight" of the ring [img]wink.gif[/img] ) he will go on this quest and attempt to lead/guide them as he promised to do so.

He will reccomend steeds for everyone in the party, or at least for most (some folks could double up) as it will go much quicker and time is no doubt important.

Out of character, I'm considering a familiar for him. I keep neglecting it, partially because I'd hate to get a little critter friend killed. Then again, if it has half his hit points, it will be doing well thanks to his master's multiclassing as a Barbarian [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 15, 2005 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allie will go along too. Of the magical items recovered, the Vest is of interest to her, if it fits her small form.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

The vest and bracers, like most wondrous items, will shrink or enlarge to fit once the wearer attempts to put them on. It will fit any member of the party.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only scroll Lirinor has a particular interest in is the Summon Monster, since it's a new spell to him; he'll take both if no one else can cast them.

The Bracers wouldn't afford him as much protection as his Mage Armor spell, so he'll see if anyone else wants them first.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 15, 2005 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Einkilirinkor ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thaylias, after listening to Lady Ereka speak to Lirinor and Kel, admitted to himself that with all his training in the city of Spariticus that he is far from wise concerning the lore and the realms of power within the lands of Fangea. But hardly would that deter his sense of honor in being able to join his new comrades in this quest. No, he does not understand the purpose of this 'ring' but he knows in his heart that it is an evil that must be destroyed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lirinor, recognizing the import of quest, will gravely consider what to ask Gerta for after he finds out what his share of the take is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shanti would like one or the other of vest or bracers, she's been needed to sneak in close to cast her spells, and other than a cotton poet shirt and soft leather breeches, wears no armor, I don't care which, but one or the other would be nice.
    Thanks [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Very well, my recomendation on spliting the treasure is this..."

"To Allie, the vest, it suits her best."

"To Shanti, the bracers. I do not know how the blades miss you as often as they do. This should help protect you even without them. Lirinor and I have ..." A frown as he confesses it, "spells to help shield us. I admit, the bracers tempted me, but I do not need them as much and will not be selfish."

"Lirinor gets the scrolls again, he has quite the collection I know, but as they are disposable their value seems less to me."

"Thaylias, and I will have to make do with coins," A smile, "or at least a slightly bigger share of it. Each of us will get a 150 gold falcons. Shanti, Allie, and Lirinor will recieve only 100 each. Silver will be split of 275 silver each to Thaylias, and I; Allie and Shanti will get 125 silver each, and Lirinor 200 silver, to make some small amends for their more temporary nature of his treasure."

"I hope that is accetable to you all."

OOC: That should be
    Allie- Vest, 100 gp, 125 sp
    Kel- 150 gp, 275 sp
    Lirinor- Both Scrolls, 100 gp, 200 sp.
    Shanti- Bracers, 100 gp, 125 sp
    Thaylias- 150 gp, 275 sp

and forgive any typos of character names or if I left anyone out or made a mistake. Gralla wasn't with us on that one if I recall, but I almost gave her part of this week's haul as if she were.
    [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 19, 2005 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font>