Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Now that the party has finally met the Oracle, each person can ask a single question. Here are my thoughts on two of them:

1. "What must be done to destroy the ancient ring our friend is charged to hold?" This one is obvious, since that's why we're all there in the first place. Keeping the questions open ended in phrasing prevents the Oracle, hopefully, from leaving steps out or answering with a simple answer.

2. The second question ought to be how the party might return to Talagon City. Why Talagon and not the next step in the quest or the Caer Falken Inn you might ask?

A. Our steeds are there waiting for us. If we ARE teleported to the next destination, we could be marooned with no way other than our own two feet to return to civilization.

B. We have a LOT of treasure from the dragon hoard which is weighing us down. We should be able to sell that off and use the funds to acquire more magical items, healing, etc.

C. Some of the party have personal side quests that're going on in addition to the ring quest. Gralla might want to report back to Sol at the temple for instance. Plus we'll have to pay the debt we owe the goblin captain to get our steeds back as per A above.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shanti has no problems asking question one on behalf of the party, so go ahead and ask on your own agendas :-) She'll cover the ring being destroyed, I'll also phrase it as posted here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe something akin to "Besides destroying it, is there some way we can weaken any influence the ring might be exerting on its bearer?"

That maybe not be the best way to word it, but Kel is worried about the nasty thing and the effects it might have on Lir or anyone else who has to bear it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought we were sent to the oracle to find out how to destroy the ring, that that was what we were instructed to do. Shanti would want to go beyond just weakening it and want to know how to destroy it outright, and quickly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Kel plans to ask how to minimize any evil/negative influence the ring bearer may suffer from this point on until the ring is destroyed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    I think Kel plans to ask how to minimize any evil/negative influence the ring bearer may suffer from this point on until the ring is destroyed.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What she said. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps the better way to word it would be "As we seek to destroy it, is there some way we can weaken any influence the ring might be exerting on its bearer?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In scenarios like this, open ended requests and questions are better. "What must be done to do something" is more open ended than "Can we do something..." since the latter question can be answered with a single yes or no answer.

While the Oracle, and the DM, aren't out to 'get us' as such, she did warn to "Ask wisely" which indicates both to me as player and Allie as character that the Oracle's bound to provide as little info as possible while still remaining truthful...sort of like how the djinni of mythology are only bound to obey the letter of a wish, not the spirit behind the desire. (Remember the greedy man in the Arabian Nights who wished to be rich, and was teleported into a subterranean treasure cave which had no exit.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will take Drama's question as a second question then, who wants it :-) as I'm going to be asking how to destroy it, asking how to keep the bearer safe AND destroy it are two questions.

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*laughs.* Quite.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess Kel will ask "How do we help keep the bearer of the ring safe from its influence as we seek to destroy it?" [img]wink.gif[/img]