Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Must cancel the game for Friday the 13th.

Working 14 hour days with little time to prepare is not the reason, although I have to admit I am exhausted.

However, having my wife's brother show up from Indiana to spend the entire weekend squashes any chances of a game.

The snow storm...that's right SNOW after EASTER... is making driving conditions bad as well, so even if we did play, we would start really late.

Over the course of the next week, I would like you all to discuss your immediate future plans. Kel will of course be made Chieftain. Will you head to Tindale? Teleport to Talagon to spend your new wealth and pick up followers, perhaps meeting with your orders and or the king? Head straight to the desert to battle?

These things and more need detailed discussion, and it is best that we not lose a third game night discussing it. The floor is open, and sorry for the cancellation. Believe me when I tell you I would MUCH rather play than visit with relatives I have nothing in common with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like the old Friday the 13th Jinx actually works for you.You've got my sympathies, and I totally understand about family obligations being less fun than gaming, but still a higher priority. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for things to do, one of the new spells Thurvold got with his boost was Teleportation circle. For ten minutes you can go in and out, that sort of thing, so transport should not be a problem.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Remember we have steeds to account for as well this time around so teleportation might not be the best method of transport.

We probably should attend Kel's elevation ceremony then journey back to New Tindale to tend to affairs there, then journey to Talagon City to get our destinations and other orders, and do some shopping. Both Hrothgar earlier and his assassin scout informed us that speed was not of the essence in this particular encounter.

(Items, scrolls, etc. that confer Negative Plane Protection would be useful if we're going to take on vampires or other level draining undead) before moving on to engage the death knights and recover the Dragon Orb.

We will be moving toward the south anyway, so making stops at Tindale and Talagon will be in our general course of direction anyway, especially if we're headed to the desert region at the bottom of the map.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Teleportation Circle allows you to just walk the horses though one at a time. It lasts for 10 minutes per caster's level so passage wouldn't take long at all. Of course, we need Amber dust so that might be the real stickler.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, hence a trip to an apothecary shop or a gem dealer might be in order. I don't recall any amber in the recent treasures. If there were, Thurvold could pulverize his own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

moving all this to a new topic