Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking at Kel, and oggling the level boost we just got.

[img]smile.gif[/img] This makes me happy.

However, I wonder at how these strange and mysterious things called "Prestige Classes" work. Thanks to a 3.0 DMG, I have a rough idea.
    I am curious if any fit Kel, but don't see many details on even ones he could fit.

For example, with but a level of Sorcerer added on, Kel could be an Eldritch Knight.
    The problem? What notes I have on Eldritch Knight Pr CL tells me what's required, the bonuses they get per level, etc.

But the source I have (mostly E tools but also the info WoC put out on a webpage) doesn't say what their purpose is, what is it they do with that milatry mix of spell and sword. There's no background. So, especially since it may vary so much depending on the setting, I thought I'd ask.

If anyone else has some suggestions for Prestige Classes that might fit a half elf barbarian/sorcerer let me know [img]smile.gif[/img] I might look into it.

I also figured if the DM wanted, this would be his time to mention how the very Prestige Classes that already exist (and including any of his own babies) fit in this fine setting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Other Prestige Classes you might consider (this is not a commentary on any recommendations or opinion as to value) due to your qualifications are Geomancer, Rage Mage, Bladesinger, Spellsword, War Chanter and off course the Eldritch Knight. Most of these are found in "Complete Warrior".

If any of those titles appeal to you and you cannot get your hands on the book or find the details on line, I would be more than happy to discuss it further.

The key to a Prestige Class is, does it fit you and will you benefit from it (whether that benefit be mere enjoyment of playing something unique or actual game advantage) Merilin perfected the Arcane Archer and at least four other characters were working towards PC's, including 2 who wish to be CFI PC's.

If you have a special concept for a PC to fit Kel, I can also , with your input, design one that may appeal to him (though that has had only a 50% success rate in the past).

Personally, I don't see much to the Eldritch Knight and don't see Kel going that way (I could be wrong).

I am sure some of the other players will have their own advice...at least I hope so, because I would love to hear their input.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dragon Disciple comes to mind too as a possibility for Kel. His awakened sorcerery, which is very rare in Barbarians could be explained by a dragon as an ancestor. The type of dragon chosen is up to the player and doesn't rely on your own alignment. In other words, a Lawful Good Dragon Disciple could still be descended from a Red or Black Dragon, and a Chaotic Evil character could be related to a Silver or Gold.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    Dragon Disciple comes to mind too as a possibility for Kel. His awakened sorcery, which is very rare in Barbarians could be explained by a dragon as an ancestor. The type of dragon chosen is up to the player and doesn't rely on your own alignment. In other words, a Lawful Good Dragon Disciple could still be descended from a Red or Black Dragon, and a Chaotic Evil character could be related to a Silver or Gold.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Why did you quote yourself? Did you forget to add something?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    Dragon Disciple comes to mind too as a possibility for Kel. His awakened sorcerery, which is very rare in Barbarians could be explained by a dragon as an ancestor. The type of dragon chosen is up to the player and doesn't rely on your own alignment. In other words, a Lawful Good Dragon Disciple could still be descended from a Red or Black Dragon, and a Chaotic Evil character could be related to a Silver or Gold.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, IMO sorcery doesn't occur any less among barbaric peoples than it does civilized ones, it's just the treatment of those sorcerers that varies. In Kel's case, they thought he was going mad and expelled him. Likely he's not the first. Besides, Barbosians are always rambling about "of the blood" without always knowing what it might have originally meant [img]wink.gif[/img]

Wizards with their strange 'book' magic ("Grotor distrust talk on paper that stays") is another matter [img]smile.gif[/img]

That said, Dragon Disciple isn't a bad one and its actually on my E tools.
    I know that last sounds silly, but I'm trying to keep Kel easy to manage and stat block since I've been so messy with some characters before him, and some of the cool suggestions the DM has made just aren't in the program darn it.

That aside, I am leaning most strongly just to keeping him Multi classing between Barbarian and Sorcerer. Though he prefers his sorceress side more and more.

Thanks for all the input folks.