Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allie collected the following from the various enemies to be distributed among the party:

Mage: Leather bracers, leather backpack, two pouches, one potion, three scrolls, a book, and a bone tube.

Man in Red: Masterwork morningstar, light crossbow, 10 bolts, full plate armor, large steel shield, two scrolls, cloak, three potions.

Ranger: Masterwork short sword, Mighty composite longbow +2, 20 masterwork arrows, masterwork longsword, masterwork studded leather armor, three potions, pair of crystal lenses.

Half Orc: 9 potions, cloak, masterwork rapier, mighty composite shortbow +1, masterwork studded leather armor, masterwork buckler, 20 masterwork arrows, 50 ft silk rope, masterwork thieve's tools.

Allie's not certain but suspects most of the above to be valuable if not actually magical. In addition there were items such as waterskins and rations to supplement our own food and water supply.

1,000 gold falcons were also gathered.

This does not include the items on the warrior prisoner either.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 04, 2005 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Lyssandra ]</font>

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Regarding the Man In Red, the bone case also contains scrolls, which Gralla identified: Web (4), Fireball (5), Fireball (5), and Confusion (7). I believe these ended up with Lirinor?

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, lookee! I'm a Hero at last!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by rahnewhitebriar:
    Regarding the Man In Red, the bone case also contains scrolls, which Gralla identified: Web (4), Fireball (5), Fireball (5), and Confusion (7). I believe these ended up with Lirinor?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Close, but no cigar:

The man in red was a cleric, and Lirinor read those scrolls as:

Scroll #1: 3 x Cure liaght wounds (1)
    Scroll #2: 2 x Cure light wounds (4)

The scrolls Gralla read came off the wizard, and they are the spells she stated above, but there were only two, not three as our halfling noted.

Otherwise, you guys kept pretty good notes. Good work. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most of what was collected was relayed via IM to me, so that was easy for me to copy over.

Thus far, Lir has the book and wizard scrolls and Gralla has the cleric scrolls. The rest needs to be claimed/divided out by our fearless leader.
    Allie's suggested the lenses be passed around and worn by whomever's on watch during the night as an aid to avoid ambushes.

Gralla could benefit from the full plate armor and shield, if she's strong enough to wear them. She's the only one of the group that wears heavy armor (apart from our missing fighter.)

Also don't forget the steeds are still badly injured. Allie's dog is at 3 HP of 20 plus whatever's gained during the rest period, and most of the horses are just as bad off since only Gralla's was healed following the destracheon's attack.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The spell book of the wizard is going to be donated to the Caer Falken library, as Tersoal's was before it. It will be valuable to LIrinor in time, but unless we get some days of uninterrupted downtime he won't be using those spells any time soon. DM, have you considered a page that keeps a list of the items of value being kept at the Inn, like spell books and the Cradle of Gaea?

Among the remaining items, Lirinor is interested, in order, in the bracers, the cloak, and the masterwork longsword, should his casting of detect magic before bed proves these items enchanted. He likes Allie's suggestion about the use of the lenses.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Einkilirinkor:
    T DM, have you considered a page that keeps a list of the items of value being kept at the Inn, like spell books and the Cradle of Gaea?

Among the remaining items, Lirinor is interested, in order, in the bracers, the cloak, and the masterwork longsword, should his casting of detect magic before bed proves these items enchanted. He likes Allie's suggestion about the use of the lenses.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is no plan, contingency or mechanism for proper execution of things "left at the inn" short of individual possession and ownership for anything short of "artifact" status. magical items and money cannot simply be left around for the use of other characters, nor can resources such as mounts, thieves tools, smithies or labs.

The reason is threefoold:
    1. The people who run the inn have better things to do than look after these things. If they are left there unguarded, they simply get stolen or accidentally discarded, or perhaps "taken" by any one of the countless visitors to the inn.

2. It leaves the door open to twinking, allowing characters access to wealth they are not entitled to and have not earned for themselves.

3. It makes extra work for the DM, who already has enough to do.

In the case of the Cradle of Gaea, it is an honor to Ferghus to have it on his mantle, so this is the type of exception that can be made.

The items that gave off magic to Lirinor's casting are:

all scrolls
    all potions
    all cloaks taken (those not destroyed by fire)
    bracers
    lenses
    studded leather armor (Medium)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I absolutely agree with the DM's reasons for not making a general depository for wealth. I was specifically thinking of artifacts and spell books, for which there are precedents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Einkilirinkor:
    I absolutely agree with the DM's reasons for not making a general depository for wealth. I was specifically thinking of artifacts and spell books, for which there are precedents.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I will consider opening a library at the Caer Falken Inn for spellbooks if someone volunteers to take on the project, organize it, set up a web file and do the updates, collecting data as needed. I will then upload the file and link to it for reference.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I have some quick-and-dirty ideas which would make that a pretty low-maintenance project, and since I'm playing the highest-level wizard at Caer Falken (so far as I can tell) I'll be willing.

So gimme loot, leader! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast