Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I say we get the allies, then start pounding on Justin, expecting more to come. I like the idea of asking the thieves to help (yes I know, of COURSE I like it I suggested it!) because, well...we want a fighting chance and more balanced numbers. I'm willing to bet if we let some of the townsfolk know what was REALLY happening with the babies, there would be an outright rebellion, and possibly even MORE allies, like the Count's original guards doing street patrol!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Merilin-p [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So you think we should take the babies we found and expose them, for starters? How about we bring them to the thieves, and let THEM decide how best to get the word out? They know this town better than anyone. With that info they may be able to get us the additional allies - or at least a BIG distraction - that could put us over the edge and deter any possible Circles of Death.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes... thats a great idea.....mayhaps Jaskyn can, when the situation is resolved, perform burial rituals for the dead babes. If we were to give ourselves a name as you suggest it will get around after freeing an oppresed city from corrupt politics, removing a slave trader/underlord and perhaps destroying a circle of ploting wizards....then rightly restoring the dead with religious service. The King that has sent us will have no more us for as unknowns....lol

Slay your foes before they can say "Parla...."ur..gurggle...bloody sputter...fall over dead!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Einkil:
    - that could put us over the edge and deter any possible Circles of Death.

It is an important thing to remember, that you have entered a new realm of risk in this adventure. IF the rumors are true, understand that damage from high level fighters, dragons breath, hordes of well trained elites and spells from high level magic users leave a good chance someone in your party will get killed at some point. I think the risk and fear of this helps make the game exciting...it also makes you all think harder, plan better and most importantly, work together.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so so far this is seeming to make sense, next question, how the heck do we find Luckbreaker again? Does anyone remember if he gave us a way to? Or do we reverse the horseshoe over the barn where we met him as a signal we need him? A horsehoe with prongs facing up hold the luck within, turn it prongs down and the luck falls out. Just a bit of trivia for you...but...to me that would be broken luck, and the only thing I can come up with as a signal. Wandering around tapping shoulders and saying "Where is the thieve's guild ia NOT an option. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Merilin-p [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Hummingbird:
    Does anyone remember if he gave us a way to?

He did not, in fact, tell you how to reach him. Finding him would be up to the imagination of the group.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems the plan's coming along:

Gwylln'll approve of this plan thus far IC, and it sounds good to the player too. We do have evidence that the Count's not his old self (the bodies) so yes, the town guard might aid. (It's time to spill the beans we were sent by the High King to clean up Devonshire perhaps.)

Finding a Thieves' Guild is notoriously difficult, but I would wager one or more of the merchants in Devonshire is a fence for the Guild. If we find the fence, and drop names, we might get lucky.

This is just a hunch, but we do have some Sash gear. IF we go about and try to sell it, only the Thieves' fences would even make an offer. The rest would be scared witless from the threat of reprisal from the Sashes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, having a rogue for a sis, Jaskyn is aware that theives have their own ways of getting into contact with each other. He doesn't know them himself, but he'd reccomend they turn to Stythel, not to insult him, but he is the closest to a rogue they have.

Out of character, sounds like a 'gather information' and 'innuendo' combo to me.

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, here's another angle to toss into the mix. Not sure how it'll fly but...in addition to allying with the thieves, what about the parents of the dead babies? Surely this is not the first cartload...and surely there is much fighting rage to be had from those parents in avenging their children. Sure, they're townfolk...but that doesn't necessarily mean "fat and complacent" in all cases.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I'm willing to bet if we let some of the townsfolk know what was REALLY happening with the babies, there would be an outright rebellion, and possibly even MORE allies, like the Count's original guards doing street patrol!"

Already been mentioned several posts up. Yes. Let the town know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast