Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Christopher's right. Just because most of the characters in the party are self sacrificing and not greedy, doesn't mean we /players/ can't be a little greedy.

Look at what the unclaimed items provide their wearers:

Periapt of Proof Against Poison. Permanent immunity to ALL poisons. (Natural, magical, black/green dragon breath, etc.)

Cloak of Displacement, Major: A 50% miss chance for up to 15 rounds of combat per day which applies to melee, ranged attacks, and targeted spells.

Mantle of Spell Resistance: Permanent SR 21. (By contrast, the Merilith had SR 25 and you see how hard a time Thurvold and Shanti had with her)

Cloak of Resistance +5: +5 to all 3 saving throws.

The Cloak of Displacement will be good for any of our characters: fighter or not. A front line fighter would benefit by the miss chance for obvious reasons. Oakshade could use the cloak's powers to protect himself while going into close quarters to heal by helping avoid being struck by attacks of opportunity. It could help Allie with her flanking sneak attacks, and Thurvold or Shanti would likewise benefit by appearing to be in one place while casting spells from another. (Consider the benefits of the Displacement plus Mirror Image spells, or Displacement plus fly and/or Invisibility.)

Logistics will need to be worked out as Christopher states concerning the transport of all the coins and items. We can carry quite a bit between the two bags of holding, and if Thurvold can cast magical chest and/or Tenser's Floating Disk even more, but that still leaves a lot left over. (Allie has a normal chest inside her bag of holding which can be filled and placed on a Floating Disk for instance.)

There's also the need to determine who gets what in terms of gold and the non magical items. A split between the six characters, Tindale's treasury, the building projects, Hrothgar's gifts and tax, and Kel's village.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 04, 2007 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Lyssandra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alrighty then, I'll put in a bid for either the cloak of displacement or the Mantle of Spell Resistance, whichever Nancy sees fit to hand Shanti, or whichever is unclaimed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I agree there are many many fine items in this split but I wanted to make sure that others took what they truely wanted. I have had some great items fall in my lap and figured I should be at the back of the line.. But since time has passed Thaylias would like to take the Cloak of Resistance. It really is a very logical choice, since the two character deaths I have had (one being Thaylias), have occured due to poor saving throws. If no one has an objection to this of course.
    Also, I know I mentioned that Thaylias wanted to add to New Tindale' coffers.. I meant only 'his' share of the coin/gem horde of course.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, there's so much to pick from I admit to being overwhelmed. The only thing that was the real drooler in character was the girdle of Giant Strength and Kel (Thanks Carbon *G*).

As far as magic items left over go, either the mantle of spell resistance or displacer cloak would be fine with Thurvold. He would wait till the others picked what they wanted (or Nancy assigns). Being a dwarf with a good con, he might find the peripet slightly redundant.

As for non magical items. Things of interest

Thurvold:
    ANY Gems would be welcome, as many make fine spell components...but the only one he'd pick for sure would be the
    Golden pearl (130 gp);
    Any excess diamonds are also asked for if no one else claims them. Diamonddust is mother's milk to enchantment and creation.

also
    Silver-plated masterwork longsword with jet jewel in hilt (700 gp); (Begging to be enchanted)
    Brass mug with jade inlays (100 gp); (He's a dwarf. They like ale. They need things to drink from)
    Silver comb with moonstones (300 gp); (To keep his beard combed)

Kel:

Jeweled scabbard made for longsword, embossed and carved with Unicorns and inlaid with moss agate, peridots and emeralds (3,000 gp);
    Jeweled anklet (2,000 gp); (The better to impress whoever he takes to wife)
    Silver necklace crafted into leaf pattern motif (750 gp)(If he gets more than one wife he better have SOMETHING)
    Large well-done wool tapestry depicting a unicorn in a wood(600 gp); (It appeals to his elven side)

In addition to the bags of holding the group has, Thurvold DOES have Secret Chest (Called Leomund's Secret Chest in some game worlds [img]wink.gif[/img] ) which can enable him to add more to the carry on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kel ICly stated he wants to give some of the treasure to his people to buy food and medicine, etc. so giving a portion of the total treasure to Tindale as well makes sense. As I stated, there's more than enough to provide 100% of the funding for the four temples, the mine renovation, and Thurvold's Magic School with a lot left over. (Basically one of the 5,000 gp gems would cover each project.)

As for the treasure split, finally people are moving on this. [img]smile.gif[/img] (j/k)

So Oakshade ends up with the Periapt of Proof against Poison.

Thaylias gets the Cloak of Resistance +5.

Shanti gets the Ring of Elemental Command, Air and the Cloak of Displacement.

Thurvold gets the Mantle of Spell Resistance (which is worn like a vest rather than a cloak.)

Consider any of the nonmagical items listed yours as long as there aren't duplicates (I didn't see any in the choices.)

As for the various splits, I recommend the 100,000 SP be split between Kel's village and New Tindale's coffers while the PCs claim the gold and platinum for themselves to spend on building projects, buying more magical items, or whatever. (Most soldier's and servant's wages would be paid as silver or copper. A paid wage of a GP or more would mostly be for top level aides such as commanders - Christopher and the rest of you can comment on the pay structure. Silver is generally more spendable in commoner taverns/inns etc. than gold or platinum.)...50,000 sp=5,000 GP, which would buy a lot of food, pay quite a few wages and so forth.

The various statuettes should go to the appropriate temple when they're ready. The unclaimed paintings would look good in Thaylias' Great Hall as decoration. Thaylias could send some of the unclaimed art items to Hrothgar as gifts/tribute as well as the annual required tax owed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let it be known that Oakshade can now ressurect! That's right...keep him alive and there is hope for all of you.

Here's the thing...it takes diamonds. You might want to allot at least some of the diamonds to him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heh, another reason for him to have an immunity.

Adding the unclaimed diamonds to his share is OK with me. Likewise, Allie'll take the violin, music boxes and other musical items.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am working meticulously on the split, and you should have the official version by the end of today

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is what the split is. It was very difficult to be fair, but I did the best I could based on requests, what fit well and an attempt at fairness. Some things seemed to ?belong? to a player. Some players got vast wealth in magic, but little in value. Giving them less cash and jewels did not seem fair either, because the sale value of an item does not always match its actual worth, and money is needed to get bye. If I suspected that you would be selling the magic items, I would have split the take solely on value, and even that would have left some characters with absolutely nothing else.

In the end, no one should feel cheated, as you are all rich. Magic item value is nothing to personal wealth when it compares to the good those items do the entire party.

As for what the townships get. While all the characters have a vested interest in seeing the two communities do well, it is not the responsibility of all characters to take care of them. Therefore, monies were given to help, but not as much as some might have originally thought. There is NOTHING preventing players from adding more of their own to such altruism, but the wealth really does belong to the players.

As for tribute to the king?that is only wise politics. Vassals of any king are wise to pay a vig to the boss when there is a winfall of booty. It need not be great, but a token at least, and I think the amount was fair. While small by kingly wealth, it is more than most villages earn in a year.

Gems: There were only three diamonds. Shanti got hers because it was pretty much the first and only thing she wanted. Both of the others went to Oakshade to hold in custody for the party for future resurrections. Likewise, all pearls went to Allie for future Identify spells.

Finally, there were potions mentioned?I will list these on another day, as I am exhausted from cooking the books here. It is 2:30 am as I type this final version.

Allie

8,500 gp
    1,700 pp
    Harp of Charming (7,500)
    Harlequin Silk Cloth which covered the magic harp (500 gp)
    Ornate silver flute (1,100 gp);
    Violin with bow of exotic wood with ivory inlay (700 gp);
    Gold music box (3,000 gp);
    Gold music box (3,000 gp);
    A string of small pink pearls (necklace) (4,000 gp);
    Black velvet mask with numerous citrines in a carved wooden box (110 gp);
    ankle bracelet with numerous aquamarine chips (120 gp)
    golden band with numerous citrines (70 gp);
    Carved bone statuette of dragon (10 gp);
    Black pearl (600 gp);
    Golden pearl (130 gp);

Celene

8,500 gp
    1,700 pp
    Large Shield +5, with Fire Resistance (43,170)
    Silver brooch with rampant horse and single diamond chip for its eye (1,300 gp);
    Embroidered silk and velvet mantle with numerous moonstones in a carved rosewood box (1,800 gp);
    Alexandrite (700 gp);
    Silver chalice with lapis lazuli gems (130 gp);
    Sapphire pendant on gold chain (1,900 gp);
    Gold dragon comb with red garnet eye (1,800 gp);
    Silver ewer (70 gp);
    Golden yellow topaz (600 gp);
    Brass mug with jade inlays (400 gp);
    Deep blue spinel (500 gp);
    Blue star sapphire (900 gp);
    Silver dragon comb with red garnet eye (1,100 gp);

Kel

8,500 gp
    1,700 pp
    Belt of Giant strength +4 (16,000)
    (Large sized) +3 Long sword (treat as Great Sword) (18,330)
    Jeweled scabbard made for longsword, embossed and carved with Unicorns and inlaid with moss agate, peridots and emeralds (3,000 gp);
    Silver necklace crafted into leaf pattern motif (750 gp)
    Jeweled anklet (2,000 gp);
    Large well-done wool tapestry depicting a unicorn in a wood(600 gp);
    Emerald (1,300 gp);
    Deep blue spinel (500 gp);
    Ruby pendant on a fine gold chain (1,800 gp);
    Ivory mug with jade inlays (600 gp);
    Silver chalice with black onyx stones (150 gp);

Oakshade

8,500 gp
    1,700 pp
    Periapt of proof against poison (27,000)
    Blue diamond (5,000 gp);
    Canary diamond (5,000 gp);
    Clearest bright green emerald (5,000 gp);
    Silver brooch with small diamonds (4,000 gp);
    Emerald pendant on a fine gold chain (1,000 gp);
    Golden ring, set with peridot chips (100 gp);
    Brass mug with jade inlays (500 gp);
    Silver chalice with garnet gems (130 gp);
    Violet garnet (300 gp);

Shanti

8,500 gp
    1,700 pp
    Ring of Elemental Command (Air) (200,000)
    Cloak of Displacement, Major (50,000)
    Blue-white diamond (5,000 gp);

Thaylias

8,500 gp
    1,700 pp
    Cloak of Resistance +5 (25,000)
    Silver dagger in ornate ruby-encrusted scabbard, with a ruby set in the pommel. The blade is etched with the device of the City of Talagon (8,000 gp)
    Large well-done wool tapestry depicting a knight handing flowers to a maiden in white (600 gp);
    Large well-done wool tapestry depicting sunset over the mountains (300 gp);
    Large well-done wool tapestry depicting a gold dragon in flight (500 gp);
    Silver candelabra (80 gp);
    Gold and topaz bottle stopper cork (1,100 gp);

Thurvold

8,500 gp
    1,700 pp
    Mantle of Spell resistance (90,000)
    Silver comb with moonstones (300 gp);
    Silver-plated masterwork longsword with jet jewel in hilt (700 gp);
    Brass mug with jade inlays (100 gp);
    Jacinth (5,000 gp).