Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

on a more serious note, i'm rocking the 90s hard today as i downloaded nirvana - bleach, which i haven't heard for a while cause i think i only have it on cassette, or at least i can only find that copy.

throwback mode having been kicked into overdrive, after that i listened to soundgarden's sreaming life/fopp ep and their louder than love album. the original good shit from when i was growing up.

later i'm making my way from just a dash mudhoney to the screaming trees.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going tone def over here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Taken from an interview with the man himself, Mr. Chino Moreno (concerning the new album, expected out early 06')

"Any idea what the record's going to sound like?"

CM: "Yeah, I heard it all, I made it, I know exactly what it's going to sound like.
    Can I explain it? Nah. [laughs] It's different. We definitely didn't want to make
    the same record, you know what I mean. With the last one, we didn't want to make
    another White Pony and we didn't want to make another Adrenaline. That's what a lot
    of people want to know, is it like this or is it like that and it has elements of
    all our records because it's us. But I think it's a broader record. There's a lot
    of other things going on. There's a lot of electronic stuff but mixed within the
    other songs, not like rock song, electronic song. The songs have a lot more parts
    and there's a lot of different things. It was written over a long period of time.
    We started it about a year and a half ago. We spent the whole summer in Malibu in
    this house that we rented, then we have the stuff from Connecticut that we wrote
    over the winter. We have a lot of different stuff. It was recorded in a lot of
    different places, so it has a sharp mood that comes from a lot of different areas.
    It makes it a bigger, huger record. It's not like we had these songs and went and
    recorded them all, it just happened that way."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, this has been coming up in conversation a lot so I'm just going to post it on here for anyone who does know what's up.

The Deftones album was SUPPOSED to be out this past spring, yes. It will not be out until early 2006, however. The reason why is this. Deftones spent a summer, alone, in Malibu and recorded a bunch of songs. They then hired Bob Ezrin (producer of Pink Floyd's The Wall) and went to write and record more material in Connecticut. The band had an overall positive experience and finished the album, all but the vocals. Chino, it seems, did not get along with Ezrin and didn't show up to most of the sessions. The album is now being completed by Chino and Terry Date. That's what we're waiting on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And while you wait - help yourselves to Misfits and Kennedeys. Those dead boys have been keep keep keep keeeping me on.

Frankenchrist
    Collection II

Go sit back and remeemember halloween.

Ok, I am balls tripping, and my laptop is pulling a "Naked lunch" It's so weird.

Oh, I'm outside-in and the keys all spin, have a wonderful thanksgiving, boys.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nobody gives a shit bug boy. here's the quote of the day:

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson ( 1937 - 2005 )

the band to end all other bands has officially compeleted their record today. look out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn straight and that fuckin' shit is tight! We're slaying niggers on our santa clause tour. Get ready cuz this aint funny.

Anyway, my appearance and musical style has been compared to this man's:
    http://www.mediacomsc.com.br/imagens...ander_1024.jpg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys must be trippin with giving me and Cobra Commander the ol' silent treatment. Fuck. Anyway, a bit of some music news:

NIN posted their 2006 tour dates and they aren't hitting Philly. Instead they're opting for Erie. For those that don't know, Erie also goes by the name Bumblefuck.

Deftones are still finishing their new album and Chino is still an asshole. I wear my sunglasses at night (and indoors).

Tool has completed the recording for their new album, its getting mixed as we speak. Apparently Justin needed a break from that routine and boarded a small sailboat and headed to the Dutch Antilles. He's making sushi on the boat, says his wife. Fick hears that. Maynard lifts weights in his bedroom, staring at a map (which he printed out on his computer) of all the major US cities and waxes philosophical about the 15 year old girls he's going to touch on tour next year. Muddy Love hears that.

Someone said System of a Down is going to break up in the near future. Apparently they're not getting along. Doughnuts to dollars it has something to do with snorting so much coke you start to look like Geddy Lee.

Patton is in the studio with Tomahawk. I hope it doesn't eat my ass out as terribly as Mit Gas did.

Ah yes, Refill and I were discussing. Apparently a certain APC wannabe (cough Danny Lohner cough) just doesn't learn. After a very succesful outing with The Damning Well (featuring Rich the Bitch Patrick) Lohner has once again joined forces with nu-metal, ass clown Wes Borland. This time Wes sings. Awesome. The project also features Josh Freese and Josh Eustis. You can check out how fucking terrible they are here:
    http://www.myspace.com/blacklightburns

Pink Floyd Reunion Tour? Nough said.

Depeche Mode is touring, Fishtown still doesn't care.

QOTSA did a bunch of small, acoustic shows. Aaron North and Alesandro Cortini sat in on a couple.

Elliot Smith songs leaked onto the internet. All you cyber thieves need to get that shit for me. Fick and Refill...I'm looking at you.

And last, but not least, Fionna Apple is back on the scene and it turns out she's still smokin' hot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i wasn't giving you the silent treatment - i was speechless mr commander.

i was near eerie on the way to chitown. that's real charity for him to play there. as for skipping philly, he needs to be punished. all and all though it's not complete misfortune. we'll all get together for a small roadtrip to see that tour, eh?

THANKS FOR THE UPDATES! i'm too much of a bum to be as up on the major projects as you are. i turn out to pursue more eclectic music news. anyway, i have a major favor to ask: when you get this news from various online sources do me a huge favor and post the web address the shit comes from so when i find some time/grow a pair, i can get more accustomed to checking various sites out myself and getting up on shit.

guess who else wears shades nearly 24/7 - t cal. he's not quite as cool though i guess anyway.

we always did have a lot in common with tool. it's good to hear that it wasn't just wishful thinking.

i regret mr. lee, comical as he is in some ways, having such a terrible look-alike. thank fuck that system is going to die though. fingers are crossed.

mit gas was fairly good i thought - you don't mean delerium cordia. of course mit gas wasn't the not the prior recond though, i agree. as long as that fuck doesn't go and make another shitstorm like the first of the double cd - delerium cordia.. although i haven't heard the 2nd half, suspended animation besides a couple bits - anybody caught that yet? - cause i'm quasi-optimistic.

i chose not to visit that link. probly a good idea. freese just did it to buy another ...whatever la fags buy... or at least that's what i'm telling myself.

safe to say we're all gonna have a blast if floyd comes around. as per depeche, it's be nice, but i hardly care as it'd be too expensive for me to feel the need to go.

i'm really pissed i haven't seen/heard of that quotsa shit. i'm now addicted to kyuss so that makes it even more of an issue. as soon as i'm home i'll be all over trying to find that online not to mention the smith. lastly, as per apple maybe she'll make another mtv video half naked.

lastly and of course most importantly, since it pertains to my musical genious, i have an official new name (...subject to change slightly) for my upcoming recording artist entity:

MAN WAVE

aka everything tangible creates waves (according to pi) and these are my waves.

fear not, my identity va - or v/a - still exists as my dj entity, vadj. look for music available from both soon, but remember that soon is a very subjective word...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm way more informative than any other source on earth, so its cool that I not site. No, in actuallity so much of that is via word of mouth that its impossible. Half of it probably isn't even true.

No, Mit Gas is the one I mean. The second Tomahawk release with...oh shit, no good tracks on it. Damn.

Most definately Freese did that shit for the paycheck. No question in my mind. And yes, that is my hope with Fiona as well. Fingers ARE crossed.

Depeche Mode isn't worth it for people who don't listen to them, I'll agree to that. The Cars are reuniting...sort of. Refill, any thoughts?