Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 184

Thread: Music

  1. #61
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    agreed. stoner rock kind of got a raw deal since it's inception. it's kind of music for such a microcosm/subculture though i'm not surprised. it's really refreshing to see queens taking the world to task with it though, don't you think. arguably homme is the person stoner rock owes the most for widespread exposure since ozzy.

    oh, no shit man. clint mansell. i fucking love that dude. what's pop will eat itself his band or something? i should probly just look it up but tell me. requim's soundtrack was the best goddamn industrial score i've ever heard. he used the chronos quartet who are sick and that was a really cool combo. now i have a reason to look forward to that gay ass fucking rock-starring gore flick to come out - decent ost perhaps. kind of hate to see him doing that particular movie after a great one like requim but - eh.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, Homme is the man. Though a lot of hardcore stoners that want to keep it underground hate him now. But yeah, gotta give the guy credit: QOTSA and Kyuss. Hard to beat that.

    PWEI is his band. I think they finally got back together. Could be wrong though.

  3. #63
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah - after doing kyuss that man can really do very little wrong. i can see where the oldheads are coming from but the bottom line is that i'm happy to see him open for fucking rez-o even though i say that with corporate bullshit related reservations. gonna def. check out pwei anyway - you don't have anything do you? ps - just ordered too many cds for a song, but a bit more than i shoulda spent still: kyuss' most hailed it seems - blues for the red sun, all the eels recs other than souljacker, which i have, and some lali puna.

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oooo, good question. Of all time? Damn. Well early QOTSA is fucking nasty cuz they just have those tones and melodies. They would be close, and right next to them would be Ween because they just embody that genre for me.
    Floor is definately climbing to the top of that list though. Fuckers are H-E-A-V-Y.
    Of course Kyuss is like technicly the best cuz they got that shit goin.
    Melvins are a true favorite.
    Clutch, Eyehategod, goatsnake, they're all decent too.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah "Blues..." is definately the best. Unfortunately someone stole that along with my Black Flag and Dwarves cd's. Fuckin' piece of shiiiiiiit!

  6. #66
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What Misanthrope seems to be describing there sounds like half the musical endeveurs I've had a hand in since I was 12. Needless to say I'm in.

    Got a question for everyone now. What does everyone think of the latest scene trend going on currently in major label and independent music: disco punk?
    I.E. The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Spoon, etc.

    I don't just want to hear if you like it or hate it, give me some back up and also some speculation as to why its so darn popular today.

    "I turn my camera on..."

  7. #67
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that sucks man. so does this - a certain someone thought it would be cool to create a new thread called "Dutch Man & the Dude Ranch Monsters" and post the following. I naturally, as moderator, had to relocate it to the following thread. Please proceed here masked poster of Colorado.

    -
    Misanthrope6000
    Senior Hostboard Member


    posted October 18, 2005 07:15 AM

    There's a new sheriff in town, and he don't like your kind 'round here.

    The governor lady, she be makin' fancy rules to keep this board in order. But her Daveyness she can't regulate the way a one-eyed fat man can, and that's what I'm here for.

    You bastids make the governor unhappy, she bans you from the board. You make the rooster upset, and I drive all the way from Colorado just to punch you right in the neck.

    You just try breathing then, bitch.

    Read, and obey. This is your final warning, because the rules are coming and I'm going to run my topics like a plantation in the 1850s.

    First order of buisness: everyone needs a new picture under their name. It's like an answering machine, damnit, we know who it is and we demand to be entertained.

    Second of all, I am officially starting a new fake band. The Dutch man is spoken for, by our one and only governor herself. However, applications are being taken for the Dude Ranch Monsters. Further instructions shall be given in a seperate post, because I don't like 'em long.

    Fvck with me and I'll burn you like Atlanta.

    -T.C.

    Posts: 39 | From: Can you say forever? Forever. Hey. HEY! NO, TALK TO ME I WANT TO HEAR YOU TALK! | Registered: Feb 2005 | IP: Logged | Problem w/ Post?

    -
    Mighty Moose
    Junior Hostboard Member

    posted October 18, 2005 08:12 AM

    Well Big Brother, I hereby enlist in the order of the Dude Ranch Monsters. Do it, man, sign me up, and put out the list. We must see who's made the cut. This will be a ground breaking band! A band that flies past everything that matters now and transcends genre as much as Time and Space itself! Hurrah! Hurrah! This will be the best fake band ever!

    With God as my winess, They won't lick me!
    Back to Top
    Posts: 3 | From: The center of your mind |

    -
    Misanthrope6000
    Senior Hostboard Member

    posted October 18, 2005 09:18 AM

    Don't you worry little brother, Big Sam will get you out of this in a jiffy.

    Friends, are you bored with your real lives? Well, if I like you at all, you can join my fake band, which, once a month has a tendency to turn out parts of a real song. Here is the first season's roster.

    D.M. - "Dutch Man", drummer, fancy fish, actual musician

    E. - Dude Ranch Monster #1; whatever the fuck he wants the name to be, although I'm partial to "Straw Dog." At least, for this band. You can never have too many bands. His role is that of Lead vocals, and whatever instrument he feels like playing. Actual Musician.

    V.Cg.- Dude Ranch Monster #2; backup throatist, "Mighty Moose," procrastinator, songwriter/ budding musician.

    T.C. - Dude Ranch Monster #3; lead throatist, pop culture consultant, "White Tea," manbaby- big bear, mighty bison. Figurehead/ Fake musician.

    Now somebody send me a fucking copy of garage band or something. Me, all I've got are crappy tables and a crappy violin. Well, that and quite a few songs lying around on napkins, waiting for some crazed mass produced-harmony to wrap itself in, and the only way I can throw it together is with some program for babies who aren't fit to play with real instruments.

    The three of you concern youself with real projects until I can honestly call upon you three kings for the final laydown. Until then, I demand song names and short verses. In a crazy, nonsensical flurry of delerious inspiration!

    Come! Forward the nonsense to be unleashed upon the unsuspecting peoples!

    Posts: 39 | From: Can you say forever? Forever. Hey. HEY! NO, TALK TO ME I WANT TO HEAR YOU TALK!

    -
    Mighty Moose
    Junior Hostboard Member

    posted October 18, 2005 09:29 AM

    I want a song named "Rhett Butler." That's the first song you make. No lyrics. Clips allowed.

    Posts: 3 | From: The center of your mind |

    -
    Mighty Moose
    Junior Hostboard Member

    posted October 18, 2005 09:35 AM

    And here's the next one, we write just like grade school. I start, then Straw Dog and Dutch Man finish. Give me a day to come up with the first verse. Make up the rules as you go along. I'll come back later. I have no idea what this will look like, maybe I'll just cheat and post an old poem.

  8. #68
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    needless to say i fucking hate that shit. i think it's popular cause dumn american scene kids somehow think that it has to do with euro pop music and that's somehow cool - that and the bands involved with it have been very widely marketed as the new thing in pop mtv trash. that helps a lot. if mtv and your trendy mags marketed speedmetal that much it would be just as big.

  9. #69
    HB Forum Owner dmvernona's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    to all the haters/non-lovers of black dice out there i saw them for the first time in almost 3 years last night and it was mindmelting. fucking amazing shit

  10. #70
    Inactive Member Muddy Love's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    haha, how are they feeling without the only redeeming quality they had...I mean, their drummer?

    Anyway, forget to mention last night, or maybe just didn't have the energy, the album is officially underway. Fick and I started yesterday. We fought through some trials and tribulations, but its sounding great. More info as it comes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •