Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Obviously you want all the teams in your conference (in our case the BDD) to do very well except for when they play your beloved team, (in this case Honaker), but that does not always happen. Now have they (Hurley, Twin Valley) had a good year or two? Yes. Have they on occasion been competitive? Yes. Will either one of them beat Haysi or Honaker this year? No. I can give reasons why as well if that is necessary.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a fairly wide gap between Honaker/Haysi and TV/Hurley I think in large part due to the enrollment differences...football is a sport that requires numbers and there really isn't much way to argue that. I think for the size of their respective schools TV and Hurley are doing fine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Having followed Hurley with this being my 3rd season, I don't think any of us believe that a win over the likes of Haysi nor Honaker is concievable most years.

However, it is in years like this, when Hurley is...

a) Senior-laden with lots of experience
    b) actually has depth
    c) has an efficient offense that is finding the end zone
    d) has a defense that is putting the clamps on opponents thus far

...that I feel it is safe to say that Hurley has its best chance since 1996 to beat Haysi and I can't remember when, to beat Honaker.

It is not cocky, but merely confidence in an experienced team. If Hurley doesn't win against either team this year then we will definitely be waiting another four or five years for the opportunity to arise again.

Granted Unaka and Ervington were not major tests, I think it is safe to gauge the way we played them in the past and compare it to the outcome of Hurley's games with Haysi and Honaker before.

The past two years, we have sqeaked by Unaka and Ervington once (Unaka in '03, Ervington in '04) and been dominated (Unaka in '04) and blown out (Ervington in '03). Finally, Hurley has blown past these teams and I think it could pay dividends later on.

Last season, Hurley played tit for tat with Haysi, @ Sandlick for 2 quarters. If our offense weren't so inept last year, a 15-0 halftime deficit may have been 12-7 Hurley or 15-12 Haysi. Our defense was prepared to play and held Haysi in check for the first half. However, when the offense stunk it up, the defense finally broke.

We haven't came close to Honaker the last two years, but I am optimistic.

Granted, I am not expecting wins, but merely much more competitive games. At this point, I don't even know which team we match up better with. However, I can't wait for those October games to be played. For once, it'd be nice to have a say in the way the District is won instead of the usual lay down and let the Tigers battle it out routine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its good to hear some Hurley Pride from down that way, but reality is reality and that is that you still suck and will not beat the Honaker Tigers. You may beat the Haysi Tigers, but you will never beat the Honaker Tigers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Orange tiger fan for your team to not have beaten anyone that is all that good this year you sure are confident that your tigers are going to be great. Well i tell you what genius i go out and say it right now Haysi whips your boys ass and sends you home with your tail betwwen your legs. It is fans like yourself that makes me pull against Honaker every season. There are good ones out there that make me want to change my mind like HOnkertigerfan but you are the very reason no one likes you people. You guys are not better than the rest of the BDD becasue you live in Russel County or because you have a bigger enrollment or whatever you think gives you the reason to think so. I for one hope Hurley does beat your ass and i hope TV does too. That is one thing i will say about the people of Haysi they are who they are, and that is not a bunch of stuck ups that think their **** don't stink. Get over looser you guys have never won anything of substance in any sport and that is true for most BDD teams except for Council and Haysi who both have State Championships. So get off your freaking high horse and get real or grow up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah Dill Hole never is a long time and i plan on being here a while so if there comes a day that Hurley does beat Honaker or any team for that matter that "sucks" i will be sure to let you know about it every day. By the way JB is a lot worse than freaking Hurley so if you guys struggle with them then watch out. As far as that goes if yoiu struggle with JB then everyone should quit, because they are the worst football team i have ever seen in my entire life, and that you can take to the bank.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it is def. good to see someone is extremely fired up about BDD football and about the team in which they cheer. Seeing Air-ran write all of those things really made me excited about seeing the BDD teams play one another this year because obviously every game will be very, very, competitive. I'm not saying that the other ppl on this board aren't fired up and excited as well, they have just not been able to put it as elegantly as Air-ran [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Can we not avoid all of the name calling though? Although Dill Hole and other names used, are very funny (to middle school aged students), I really do not think they are any longer necessary. I mean biggamesjames to always makes the most sense on this board and he is from Haysi not Honaker, but do you ever see him reverting to name calling? Of course not, it just isn't necessary. Good luck with your season Air-ran and by the way, to quote Outkast "Roses really smell like poo, poo." Take it for what it is worth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey man i am just calling like i see it, i called you a Dill Hole because you were being one. The dude was just saying that he thought Hurley looked good and he thought they had a chance. Well a simple hey i dont think they can take Honaker would have sufficed but you have to go and talk a bunch of trash about how great your school is and that chaps my ass. Kinda like the one where you said 14-12 Richlands beats Honaker but we could pull it off. Man i could have talk trash to you all day about that one but did i nope i gave you a little hell and went on about it. All i am saying is give each guys team a chance. For the most part every one is cool but when people start talking like their team can never be beaten by another team that gets me going.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way man i don't have a season, and not many of us on here do it is the schools not mine i just pull for area teams and some of the kids that go there, so take that for what it is worth and as far as OutKast goes who in the blue hell cares, really?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am suprised you are just a fan, I thought you must be a coach or a player or something the way you act like you know a lot about each team. I happened to be very involved in Honaker's program and even if I thought we were going to get killed I would never say that. Personally I think your a freakin' idiot, but I would never write or say that because that would be name calling and I don't want to resort to that.

Honaker Football Rules!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast