Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think its pretty safe to say that Compton and Hackney are probably 1 and 2 all time in the BDD and both would probably rank in the top 10 in SWVA all time wins also. My guess is that Heath Miller would probably come in 3rd in the BDD on that list behind Hackney and ahead of Gulley and Jake Colley.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yea you guys are right that i got those stats from hokie sports...what the hell does that matter...do you expect someone unless they are a football fanactic over one player to know those stats from the top of their head...all i was saying that vick had great stats in high school and pretty damn good stats in college and for someone to state that he didn't have good stats at all was not correct...i was out to prove that and i think i succeeded...and if you are going to saying that it only relates to the pros ...say that in your post...but you can't expect someone who does know a small bit about michael vick to not come back with some knowledge that his stats were were pretty good

and air ran i never said he had 2300 yards passing i said 2300 total yard and 20 total tds...so you guys are saying that averaging nearly 200 total yards per game is not good stats??

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 16, 2005 06:52 PM: Message edited by: gobigred ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not saying it is bad to have almost 200 total yards a game but that it is not very QB like to have to get your yards that way. But he is not your average joe and i would take it all day all i am saying is that as far as QB's go there is no way Vick is winning a game on arm alone and i do not expect him too and dont think i have something aganist him i love tech and will be there tommorrow in lane to cheer MV2 on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yea, they are not traditional QB numbers but he did not say that he specifically said "stats"...and vick had "stats" so i gave you my arguement and it is correct

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All this is on one game that he had against hampton aganist Curry, who yeah was a great HS player and has all the records one could possibly want i guess but ends up being a loser in College......VIck was in a tough area in the TIdewater region, but i think i would not even consider him a great QB at all, the greatest athlete that i have ever seen yeah but QB no. You can pull one set of stats from one game in the year that he had and be a genius.......lol.....pretty easy to be a genius. Hey Iverson was probably the second best QB in the state of VA ever and maybe jsut maybe the greatest Basketballer......but not even he has the wins that total higher than James.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it maybe more of a referance to the pros and college, but the stats for him in College are very misleading, yeah he had 2300 yard bassing and 20 tds but for a true College QB those are not great stats for a team that went to the NC that year, granted he did rush for a ton that year also but his stats compared to other QB's are not really that great if you are speaking in terms of Passing Yards and TD/INT ratio.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah and it is nice to see that you took all the info from HokieSports.com in the Mike VIck bio almost word for word really...........lol Genius i think not. By the way only 1840 of those yards are from passing and he had 585 rushing......but a great QB rating of 180.4 so stats not that impressive but his 11-0 total in 99 was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will echo everything that Air-Ran just posted and I will add I never said that gobigred knew nothing about football...i said once that he had only made a few knowledgeable posts and also I stated once that he seemed to know alot about football just not much about being a man...He has a point about Vick's High School won-loss record but he missed the point I was trying to make. His stats were not all that great in H.S. compared to how highly he was recruited and how good he ended up being...I said before that passing stats are not a very good barometer for judging who was a better QB or whatever. By pointing out his winning percentage I will repeat what Air Ran said about his stats in College still not being all that impressive when you consider 22-2 or something like that in the games he started...also his stats have been sub-par passing wise in the NFL but he is something like 23-11 in the NFL as a starter. Its about the bottom line: wins...if you play a panzy schedule or a really tough schedule as he did in H.S. its going to vary but just like Jason Compton played against extremely weak opponents during his years at Haysi and he had alot of wins...would he have had as many wins if he had played the same schedule as John Salyers or myself? I don't know but they also had a really good team so maybe...anyway I'm rambling but its beside the point because QB's don't make the schedule anyway...you just play against whose out there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I mentioned "passing" stats on several different occasions so no I don't really think you succeeded in the point you were trying to make.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for giving the verdict there buddy. By the way having stats and not winning is what he said and in HS Vick was totally the opposite of his college days. One he had stats and lost and the other he didnt have great ones but won, be it only for one year of winning with him spending much of the next sidelined and then struggeling the times he was on the field. But anyway you cut it amazing athlete.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast