Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jon Salyers had 29 total wins and 12 when he actually played QB. 18 if you count the year haysi ran that single wing garbage. My stats were complied from http://www.geocities.com/haysi_football/Index.html. Hopefully there is no problem with that site and I'm sorry I didn't have the stats memorized because looking on a webpage for stats here is looked down upon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It says that website is not found...I think DH mentioned wins as a starting QB...If you count him as the starting QB the year they ran the single wing that would give him 17 career because they won 5 games that year...but actually it would be less than that because Jon was hurt during a couple of those wins and they just snapped it to Tim Hackney every time and let him run so i would give him credit for about 15. He was a back-up RB as a Freshman in 95 because Tim was the starter and leading rusher for Haysi that year.

Inactive Member basketballjesus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can take the period out at the end of the link or you can go to swvafootball.com then team links then the haysi tigers link.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 18, 2005 03:36 PM: Message edited by: basketballjesus ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tommy A. Justus didnt play QB for HURLEY he was a full back although he did see some time behind center he was mostly known for his running not his arm. And you have got to put DEWEY ENDICOTT in the top 6 atleast. And Jeff Waynick was a man playing with a bunch of boys he was one of the strongest QB as I have ever seen including HEATH MILLER he just didnt have the game brain (if you will) as MILLER or Hackney oh yea and for a little guy about 5-7or5-8 Mark Hackney was verry good not a top ten but he should be in the top 15

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tommy A did play qb for Hurley it was Tomboy who played fullback if i am not mistaking, but then agian they had about 10 Tommmy Justus that 4 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are right with the QB's you mentioned from Hurley...Endicott was a good one. Mark Hackney was as well but like u said he was a little too small. I played against Jeff Waynick, we graduated the same year...he was pretty tough and would have been all district in most any other year but just unfortunate for him there were alot of good QB's in the district at that time: Myself, Chris Boyd from Honaker, Scott Dawson at Pocy, Eric Short at St. Paul, Kevin Shortridge at Garden and Jeff...I would say Waynick was definitely the 3rd best in that group though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TOMMY A. JUSTUS played in the back field the QB for them those years was STEVEN DUTY but TOMBOY JUSTUS also was in the backfield with him although JEFF WAYNICK played as there QB for 2 of there years as varsity players.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Possibly M. Hackney from Hurley I think was his name real good if I remember, maybe some of you Hurley fans would now and could help out."

He was Mark Hackney. Played for the Rebels from 1979-1982, he was the QB for the 1982 team that was 10-0. He didn't pass as much because they mostly ran David Davis behind their awesome line they had that year, but the successor to him Alex Clevinger went on to pass for a 1,000 yards his Sr. season and I think he should be put ahead of Hackney.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex Clevinger was a really good basketball player but Mark Hackney was easily the better QB...You are right Hackney didn't pass that much but he never made bad decisions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345