Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

our D seems to always be our strong point our running game is very strong this year but we needed our passing game to open things up glad to hear it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

davidjr...the reason i would imagine the offensive wasn't balanced was gone was because haysi had the ball practically the entire game and hurley punted several times...it is hard to have a balanced offense if you don't have the ball long enough to run more then 3 or 4 plays per possesion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gobigred,

Hurley's offensive balance had nothing to do with Haysi having the ball at a, I'd say, 3:1 time ratio. Hurley's offensive balance, or lack there of, had to do with the offensive coaching deciding that our #1 RB didn't need a lead blocker most of the night, and the lack of getting other RBs involved.

All year, Hurley had put the ball in the hands of all its backs. We had one other RB get one carry. Justice had 17. Our QB only had 3 plays designed for him to run the ball. With Childress returning and still possibly injury prone @ WR, the only passes they threw to him were pick passes at the line of scrimmage into the middle of Haysi's defense. Heck, I'm not sure Hurley had plans on throwing the ball too much against Haysi. They just wound up having to do so. An emphasis on being able to throw the ball should have been made.

Defensively, Hurley just had a breakdown. There is no excuse for the poor tackling I saw that night. It became even more evident when even the second string put up positive yards against the arm tackling and shoulder leans.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it has a lot to do with not having the ball

first off you need to give the ball to your best running back,1st...justice...which was done...n. justus was injuried...so he couldn't get the ball...hurley was forced into passing situations so there it takes away some of the running plays from stacy and the others...and when you are forced 3 and out it is difficult to give the ball to other people...and why would any coach give the ball to a weaker player when your best player is not gaining anything

there are really no excuses for anything hurley did...haysi was just a better team across the board

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's look at what Hurley did in the second half of the ballgame.

3rd Q

1st, run by Justice
    2nd, run by Justice
    3rd, pass attempt, sack
    4th, Punt

4th Q

1st, run by Justice
    2nd, run by Justice
    3rd, Pass, compete to Childress for 1 yard gain (Pick pass, thrown at the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 14)
    4th, Punt

1st, run by Justice
    2nd, option by Stacy
    3rd, run by Justice

---

Granted, Hurley didn't have the ball much in the second half, however, when they did have it bad play calling forced them to go 3 and out every time. Out of every run by Justice in the 2nd half, only one of them went for positive yardage (2 yards).

My point in all of this? Hurley should have been focused on throwing the football from down #1 to start this ballgame. With the success Nathan Justus was having prior to hurting his leg, why not move Shane Justice out to WR and let him stretch the defense? Heck, you get Josh Childress back and the only plays designed for him are Pick passes at the LOS, potentially the most dangerous area for a player returning with a freshly healed collarbone. His legs and his hands were fine; why not throw downfield to him?

Honaker couldn't run on Haysi's defense. By what notion did ANYBODY, much less the coaches @ Hurley, think Hurley would be able to? Does this adjustment make a difference? I doubt it, Hurley still gives up the points to Haysi, but at least Hurley could have had a better showing offensively.

I have to think Honaker is worried about a rematch with Haysi. They were flawless against us Friday night.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think honaker has nightmares about a rematch

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i dont think they have nite mares and no doubt it is possibly comin to that point but thats a long ways down the road yet for the orange and red.if its goin to happen i see happening second round,but i doubt the other 2 teams are goin to just lay down(gc,and or pv cltwd).im just curious to where it will be played if both teams get to that point ?if honaker has a problem with hurley at fuller field friday night ,then id say they will start the nightmares about having to face haysi again,and they better worry if that be the case

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 24, 2005 09:57 AM: Message edited by: LITLTIGER ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure Honaker felt fortunate to get the win at Haysi earlier this year but I doubt they are really thinking about Haysi right now because if either team gets that far ahead they could slip up and not even make it past the first round. In all likelihood if they do meet again like litltiger said it would be in the regional finals and that would be a great thing for the BDD but lets hope both teams are focused with their next opponent and not thinking that far ahead yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there is too much depending on the rest of the regular season for either team to be thinking about a playoff remach ,both teams are fighting for high seeds and could end up 1 and 2 which would be great I think the rest of the season is easier for haysi (LC and Grundy as where honaker still has Tazewell a team that is very dangerous). But I know both sets of tigers can smell the playoffs and that will be driving them that much harder. Both teams are fighting for respect because GC is still considered the favorite. Dunduin I wet myself again.

GO TIGERS !!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"LC" is a danger team as well...I also don't take Grundy lightly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast