Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the wake of the football playoffs and the tension going on there, anyone have any thoughts about round ball? Twin Valley will definitely be a power house and Haysi and Council will be tough as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I seriously don't see council being very tough this year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

its a two horse race haysi TV the others are about even im with dunduin I dont see council having much of anything

Inactive Member basketballjesus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Council will definitely be tough. Caleb Epling is very underrated because he has been used to set screens to get Kent open for the last few years. Look for Council to go inside to him a lot more than in the past which will definitely create matchup problems for just about anyone they play. DJ Barton is also back and has the playmaking ability to get the goal and to hit the pullup J. With the addition of their exchange student to take some pressure off DJ handling the ball I look for Council to take 2nd place in the district. The only way Haysi will beat anyone is if Viers is hot and scores about 50 and if he isn't hitting then it will be a long night for the red tigers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going with BBJ on this one...Council will be good enough to make a run at 2nd place in the region this year and Neil will do an excellent job up there I'm sure. Haysi will have a chance to make the regionals but its going to be the Viers show and Haysi goes only as far as he can take them....he could end up being the leading scorer in the area.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well i think the Center for Council is a good player but he will not give Baldwin trouble like he would the rest of the district so to say he would give everyone trouble is a reach. I feel that obviously TV will be the favorite and should win the district and region and push farther in to the playoffs how far i do not know. I think too that Neil will do a great job but i do feel that DJ is the most over rated player in the district the Epling kid is better than him, not that he sould not be good(Barton) but he has done the same crap since little leauge fall on the floor roll around act like he is hurt when thing are going bad. I feel like if he got his act together he could be a force but until he does i think he is overrated. KT Vandyke is the most underrated player so far but he did not shoot the ball much last year look for that to change and i think he will have a great year. I feel Haysi is a one man team and will have a hard time beating Council or TV but will beat Honaker how will be pitiful from the looks of it. Cant wait for it to start but am looking forward to the playoffs in football too.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 02, 2005 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Air-Ran ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah Twin Valley is the top team in preseason in SWVA if you don't count Oak Hill as SWVA. Council could be considered one of the top 5 teams in the area. Haysi has possibly the best player in the area but will likely finish 3rd in the district unless some people step up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only thing that made council good was the awesome coach they had in Rick Goodman. He took average atheletes and made them a good ballteam year in and year out.

Inactive Member basketballjesus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Air-ran if you actually read my post you would see that I didn't say Caleb would create matchup problems for everyone I said just about anyone they play. DJ does have some problems with flopping around but I think you will see him get his act together this year. As far as calling Viers possibly the best player in the area is a stretch he is a heck of an offensive player but gets lost easily on defense. It will be interesting to see how he plays when the load rests squarely on his shoulders.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DOnt get me wrong on this post but i think Viers is a good Athlete and a good basketball player but i feel that he is not complete. He is a gun and that is it he is not a defender or a passer so i think he is not the best player in the area. I think the Vandyke kid from TV is a good all around player the Dockery kid from TS is very good and the Shortridge kid from TV could be really good it he gets his head out of his ass. The Vandyke kid did not score much last year but he is one of if not the quickest and best ballhandelers if have seen in long time, plus he is the best defender that TV has. He can score though when he was at Grundy for a year he was their high scorer i think, so i look for him to be a bigger part of the offense this season with Harman and Alex Vandyke gone. Dockery is a scorer and plays decent defense and also will clean the baords, Shortridge like i said could be really good but he has to get his act together almost the same as DJ, but he can get hot and kill you and can play D and pass when he sets his mind to be a team guy but we will see.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast