Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does haysi have the most dominant players NO but a team is not made up of great players a team is made up of players playing together I think a lot of people will step up for us. Kevin scoring jones with a couple of 3s rebounding and just being physical andrew anderson can shoot but to this poins just folds under pressure he is older and can step up and im not sure if he will play but josh yates can do more than take up space the barton boys are role players but thats not a bad thing and josh wallace is a solid player. On their own none are great but together they could be very formitable.

on a side note Barton for council is a joke and is an embarassment to watch,have some pride and stop acting like an idiot

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree 100% with Redtiger. Haysi will be much better than people think. Viers is Viers, Jones will muscle people around, Anderson can shoot and is working on the post a lot more rather than just shooting outside, Yates is a big bear that will be a huge asset to the team once he really learns the system, Barton Bros. are very agressive and tough players, and Counts and Compton are defensive stoppers on the guard position. Besides only having a few people with real height on them, the Tigers should be much more than everyone is expecting right now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

D.J does tend to flop around a lot and its pathetic to watch. Haysi will be better than most people think with Viers dribbling and ability to make moving shots and Jones all out style play and ability to shoot 3s as long as his feet are set. Brandon Barton stepped up big against Council last year when he was needed and will do the same this year. You never what will happen though because if a couple of people get hurt or something like that you never know what will happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree 100% with the barton from council comment. Quit crying during games and faking injuries. It's pathetic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Softball is an extremely important sport to most schools!....maybe your team just isn't any good!..i love nothing more than to go watch softball games so just because your not interested doesn't mean no one else likes it!...softball games have a pretty high attendance!!
    & Ohh yeah volleyball, they're several people that likes volleyball. All of the football, basketball, and baseball boys would like to have a boys volleyball team...I couldn't tell you how many guys I have heard that from...Most schools outta Southwest Virginia have a volleyball team...So if you're gonna dis something let it be soccer or lacrosse.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did I miss something? I don't remember anyone mentioning softball

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

air ran you said jones was NO good...i am simply stated he was solid...you had no where in your post that said he was a decent player...when person says a player is no good that means that have no skills...saying a player is decent means have a skills but not great skills...i guess i will have to get the dictionary out to prove my point since there are some idiots out there...from merriam-webster dictionary "decent-fairly good but not excellent"

but i guess in the world of air ran "fairly good" means "no good" but hey i guess the dictionary lies

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It does lie sometimes. I looked up ho and not only was it misspelled but it also said a ho was some kind of gardening tool...that crazy dictionary.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2005 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Dunduin ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well as long as it doesn't have a picture of your girlfriend next to it you are ok on that one.

Im the one who mentioned softball and volleyball...not meaning to offend anyone by that but hey 90% of the guys I know are not talking about who is going to be tough in volleyball or softball for the upcoming season while they stand around drinking their coffee in the morning. If they did then the other guys would probably look at them kinda strange...they are more likely talking about their tight uniforms or short shorts if they mention either of those sports at all.

The school I went to (Haysi) has always been good in both those sports but it just doesn't matter to most people(atleast 90%) in comparison to football and basketball. If you don't believe me just go ask some athletic directors which sports they are making money in and which sports they are not. When I was in school at Haysi all the other sports combined did not make as much at the gate as EITHER football or boys basketball. I think girls basketball was a really distant 3rd and baseball was 4th.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Air-Ran did say Jones was no good but theres really no point in arguing because he will show his worth when the round ball season rolls around. As for now we'll just keep watchin him dominate on the football field.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast