Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Time for basketball in the Black Diamond District. What are everyone's thoughts about the teams this year and the chances they have at winning the district, Region, or possibly State?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i see Twin Valley being able to carry #1 in the BDD throughout the year even though there will be a few close games they don't expect. Council/Haysi/Honaker should be very close for # 2
    Hurley brings up the rear.

Twin Valley strikes me to be about the same level of Honakers last good team. They should be a talented team that will be able to run and put up some points. I don't think this will be a great defensive year for them with all the adjustments they'll have to make. I also think that sometime during the year, egos will become a factor and depending on what time of year it is that could be their downfall. They should win Region D but I don't see a state title in their future.

I did see that Council won both games against Haysi last night, the girls game was a big win. The boys game didn't mean much with the football going on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boys
    Twin Valley will end up 1st again and even though Haysi lost last night they will improve enough with the football guys back to finish 2nd. the rest is a toss up.

Girls
    Haysi will finish first the only reason I think we lost last night was because the girls were tired from standing the whole football game.
    Twin Valley will finish 2nd depending on how well Maxwell recovers from her injury.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got to be concerned if the Haysi girls will ever regain their form from a couple of years ago.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haysi beat themselves in the boys game last night but with only the likes of Viers, Anderson, and mostly jv players the Tigers only lost by 1 point at the end. I think when the other guys rejoin the team that Haysi will have the #2 BDD spot locked fairly easily and should give Twin Valley at least a scare a game or 2 if not a defeat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well what happened last night was one bad play we weld of won just if wallace didnt slip with 8sec on clock trying to get the ball in bounds if we weld of got it in bounds we weld of won but as they season goes on we will get better

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i wish i was able to make it out to this one but from all accounts from the people I have talked to seemed like a successful game......i mean we lost but to have several guys step up and nearly beat council with lance and ryan not suiting up is pretty good...maybe the confident shooting from Justin Stanley and boards Andersons pulled down will continue throughtout the season

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll stick with the general consensus with TV on top in boys, Haysi in girls.

Never realised how much a long football seasons crews up your basketball record until this year.

It's all just crayze.

(Yes, this is drew. Yes I had to change my name again. Yes, hostboard is dumb. Can we splurge for like some ubb stuff that won't forget my name?)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Splurging cost money and I think we all=broke

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned