I had the opportunitie to go to the Rameys Tournament the past few days.. Heres My observations..
Last night TV beat (by 20) a very good Bishop McGinis team out of Winston Salem (it wasnt a 20 pt game, it was close all the way). I watched this team play against Powell Valley the previous night. They didnt impress me but was big, athletic and very physical. They just couldnt seem to finish.. but they did beat a very big and physical team in PV bye i think 10 or 15.. Well, last night BM must have gotten their legs.. they were a different team. They had 2 6-4 or better leapers and 1 6'4" wide body.. Guards that could handle and 1 who could shoot the 3.. They started out by leading 8 or 10.. TV stepped up their game, constantly beating BM's press and Goodman went off on the 3's.. It was a great game, but i dont think BM lead after mid point or end of the 1st qtr.
Baldwin sat most of the 1st half in foul trouble and Lester left for half the 3rd with an ankle injury.. but, returned to finish the 4th.. TV showed why they are talked about last night.. They have weapons everywhere. They handle, pass, have an inside and outside game.. I can already see the Goodman effect on this team!! Hopefully we'll see alot more!!
Good luck tonight Panthers in the Championship game against Chilhowie.. Also, TV girls will be playing Grundy for the Girls Championship..
Good bball, come out and see it.. also Bishop McGinis will be playing Holson and Graham will be playing Daysprings of Blacksburg.. Figure the Boys Championship games starts at 8:30.. back each game up a and hour or so for the times..lol.