Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

James wasn't good at all. Brad on the other hand was fun to watch even though the refs wouldn't call a foul on him but no one could touch him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brad has not done as well at ETSU as I thought he would. Anyone 6'9 is going to dominate a BDD league where it is rare that you ever have another guy even 6'5 to compete against. I guess maybe he ended up being a little overrated. Maybe some of his former teammates like Ryan Rasnake and those 2 little guards(benji something and I forget the other one) were actually underrated. Maybe he can go to Europe and play I'm not sure cause I haven't seen him play in awhile but I did expect him to have a better career for the Bucs. He is in no way shape or form NBA material like I heard some people saying he would be a few years back but hey if he can play in Europe thats some pretty good pocket change.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to take up for Brad some on this one. The first 2 trips they made to the big tourney, he had a tremendous impact. The reason he's been lacking lately is mainly because of a lack of talent on the entire team. A street-ball point guard and a bunch of piss-poor perimeter players do not make a good team. The new coach is more of a running coach and doesn't play much half-court style. Brad is too slow for up tempo games. The coaches also tried adding weight to Brad and he got up to near 275 before rupturing the bottom of his foot. That is why he red-shirted 1 year. The biggest thing I like about Brad is the fact that he has used his scholarship to already graduate and will finish up his masters before he's done with ETSU basketball-all free.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not knocking him and he has nothing to be ashamed of...alot of people would love to play basketball on scholarship...simple point I was making is he has not lived up to expectations that alot of people had for him and I'm sure that the staff at ETSU had. He has not exactly been a bust but he has not set the world on fire either. He was one of the most dominant H.S. players to come out of SWVA in the last 25 years but has been a modest contributor at best on the college level. Maybe that just doesn't speak well for basketball in this area...i dunno.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I pull for Brad and see him play alot on TV down here and yeah they have some issues with that ball hog Tim Smith. But it could have been a little of both the playing style not fitting him and that fact that he is a little overrated . Slow no jumping white guy that was smart and could shoot, sounds like Larry Bird but man not even close, but like Hipo said he gets a 4 year degree paid for and maybe more so well worth it and congrats to him. Maybe he can go home and teach Daniel something about having some sense about himself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hell yeaow!1 on that one.. especially on the brother part.. lol..
    I think the biggest part Brad has acomplished is his education. That is and always should be the main goal. Sports can end in a blink of an eye.. Every thing Brad gets now is cream.. If he could finish with his masters and go to Europe to play for a few years, wouldnt that be a lifes experience.. To go travel and see other parts of the world and get paid! They say they's some nice europeen chickys over there!! lol I do it for that and food!! hahaha
    I think hes did well with whats been given to him.. I agree with Air about playing with Tim Smith.. Street ball run amuck!! lol. I really dont like to watch him (smith) play! Now that i mention it I dont like watching etsu play.. Just something about the style..Brad pretty much gets what he get on his own i think.
    You see etsu's style of play every time you go down to the Coomes Center, Bristol Y or even the Y down at Grundy!! hahaha.. Street ball and looking for ya buddie!! haha.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 19, 2006 07:27 AM: Message edited by: DawgHouse ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12