Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If Haysi were to play PV THIS YEAR!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No they are div2. Thanks for taking it easy on us.32-8 tigers

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like I already posted before butthead Haysi won the region in '91 and beat PV...a couple of weeks later PV beat Gate City...so I guess that was a Miracle huh?? PV also beat Gate City in '93 and was later beaten by Haysi. Maybe they should make a movie out of it like they did the USA hockey team. Honaker has beated PV just about everytime they played them in the playoffs lately...and I have no idea where u get JJ Kelly in this...they probably couldnt even beat Thomas Walker, much less even have a chance against Honaker or Haysi in the forseeable future.

Inactive Member Tom Walker Talker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yo Butt-Head your right, PV was reloading that year cause it was my senior year at Ben Hur and we beat em and we werent that good.

Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"We".... being Lee high Tom Walker Talker?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 18, 2004 07:05 AM: Message edited by: colorist ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with u Mike Myers it will be an heck of a game...and the idea that Tommy Walker can hang with Haysi or Honaker is much more far fetched than Haysi or Honaker hanging with PV or GC. Tommy Walker won't even beat Rye Cove a team that Haysi has already destroyed and Honaker will in a few weeks. Just wait and see what Clintwood does against GC and PV then we can talk about match ups between Haysi or Honaker versus GC or PV. I could be wrong coz I'm no John Madden but PV has only really dominated Haysi ONE time in all the times they have met in the Playoffs and I don't see them doing it this year. Yeah they may win but as long as Haysi is healthy it will be an interesting game to see. Plus I think both Honaker and Haysi would stay close and have a shot at beating GC this year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man you can say whatever you want about Honaker and Haysi beating Powell Valley and Gate City. Maybe if you keep telling yourself that you'll believe. When Honaker beat PV in 2002, Honaker beat a team of Sophomores!!! The only year that Honaker has ever beaten a really good PV team is when Heath Miller was at Honaker. JJ Kelly probally couldn't beat Thomas Walker this year but let me tell you something buddy, Thomas Walker is a good team this year. They are 3-1 right now and they could hang with Honaker or Haysi and I guarantee that. Think back though man to 2001 when Kelly was good in football, they could hang right with GC and PV. The Tigers, either one, can't!!! Everyone says well if Honaker had beaten Haysi they could have beaten Gate City last year well that is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. They couldn't beat Haysi and GC STOMPED Haysi. Back when the other Colley played QB and Haysi was so good what was that playoff game score with them and GC?? Like 49-12!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can critisize all u want, but when was the last Thomas Walker made the playoffs or even won the damn Cumberland district crown. I can't remember, it would be a f'in miracle this year if they made the playoffs, but if they did, they might be rolling into Sandlick and rolling back out with a whooping like 42 or so to 0, just like Rye Cove got last year. Haysi has had a down year for 10 damn years and still made the playoffs 9 outta 10 years. This year I would say is an up year, so we will just see when the playoffs roll around, thats if Haysi gets by Honaker. God knows this is goin to be a heck of a game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um, we will not know how Haysi would do against anyone until they actually play. The Bristol Paper predicted Rye Cove to beat Haysi and bam, 32 points in the first 10 minutes of the game. They were talking like "Oh if we hadn't fumbled alot the game would have been different." Well, yeah, it would have been different, probably worse than it was cause haysi drove and scored on the cove right off. It wasn't off any interception or anything, just hard nosed it into the end zone.

Anyway, back to the dicussion at hand. Haysi vs. Powell Valley? Um, what about Haysi vs. Honaker? If they don't win this game, they have no chance of getting to the playoffs if the cove win again. I know that Haysi got stomped last year against GC, big deal! Its a new year. This is a new Haysi team, a new Honaker team, and new teams all around the region. Last year is over! The years of 91 and 93 are way over! Haysi has a good team and they have to beat Honaker before they can do anything else. Despite what most people think, this will be no easy task in the least bit. Good luck and I am sure it will be a great game!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What happened to the three other quarters?I guess the subs played right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the waterboys put on those Haysi uniforms and ran out the clock... [img]wink.gif[/img]

The turnovers had everything to do with the game. ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about football knows that a good team can be made to look bad by another good team. Rye Cove's misfortunes were Haysi's gifts in the first quarter. Take away those errors, some of them unforced, and you have a completely different ballgame.
    My observations of the Haysi team is what I based my prediction of a Honaker victory on.

If Haysi is as awesome a team as some are purporting them to be, I just didn't see it. Maybe they were having an "off" night??

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ September 24, 2004 06:28 AM: Message edited by: ut1 ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 24, 2004 06:34 AM: Message edited by: ut1 ]</font>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast