Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can call Alex many things but stupid is not one of them.(although I did question the intelligence of his "Can this team win 90 games?") post. He is a Tribe fan through and through and I respect that. He tries to stay positive but still voices his concerns about the team. Unlike a couple of the "giddy" posters here who would never critisize their beloved Indians. How pathetic! I'm sure you guys are "yes" men and have brown nosed your way to the top of your respective occupations. That I have NO respect for.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 03, 2002 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Swanny ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is incredibly shortsighted of you Alex to think that one person who is performing below average is the difference between "dominating" the division and playing .500 ball right now. Granted, Ricky has hit into 10 DPs this year so far, but that is 10 more outs then one normally would make if he made a normal out. Unless you are talking about a 2B who is putting out production like Giambi or Bonds, he would not be able to affect the game that much more compared to Ricky in terms of making the Indians a "dominant" team. Overall, this team had so many holes in the beginning of the year, especially with a lot of veterans underachieving, THAT is more of a reason why we are at .500 then the fact Ricky is playing 2b.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

srg-How exactly can you post under different names on a registered forum? I can't see how it can be done unless you have 20 computers in your house. If it's one thing I pride myself on it's the fact that I always sign my name to my posts. For someone to use several different handles or worse yet leaving them anonymous is gutless. I'm willing to bet that you are one of those people and try and hide that fact by accusing others. Like I asked you. How do you post under different names? How is it possible when the forum rules clearly states that you cannot change your username.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SRG: Why the f*ck is Dolan shelling that much money on a completely unproven talent. You seem all geeked up over the signing. I understand we need to rebuild the minors but let me ask you this how many of these draft picks ever make it to the majors?

Why was it ever so clear that we had to rebuild. People claim that Alomar was old and the rest of this team was old, doesn't stop the Yanks from winning does it?? I've read several of your posts and you seem to be in love with the potential of players. I see nothing wrong with wanting potential rookies but you need proven talent.

So far Shapiro has struck out at it: Anderson (low risk, no problem), Guitterez (Waste of money), Wohlers(Waste of money), Branyan experiemnt (Failed for the thrid year), why can't you see these moves as bad?? I'm not totally down on Shapiro because it is very early and Dolan has him under severe constraints, but I don't understand the lashing out at Hart. How can you argue this guy didn't do a good job with this franchise??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"How do you post under different names? How is it possible when the forum rules clearly states that you cannot change your username."

I assume you are talking about Fanhome. It's easy, just sign out and re-register. Take your pick of names when you sign in. I am registered there both as The Genius and Lou Gubrious. But I don't post there under any name.
    And no, I am not Texas Tribe, nor Frank Funk, as some have alleged.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't know that it was that easy. That forum is awful anyway. Contrary to what srg says I have made about 5 or 6 posts there and that is it. With the moderator they have there(you know who I'm talking about) I don't know why anyone would use that forum. What a piece of work!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gosh, I don't even remember what I wanted to respond to, darts were flying everywhere.

My Escobar theory has nothing to do with the baseball played on the field...plus, even if I was right, who would ever admit it? The answer, nobody. Of course Escobar could have been playing in overdrive on every play in spring training in the hopes that he would get more then the league mandated minimum. He should have been signed before he stepped out onto the field, to do otherwise is cruel.

"We're signing you to the league minimum, AND we're going to take our time doing it". If that was the position of the Indians, it was low class. I believe the hesitation in the signing had to do with hoping Escobar showed some stuff in spring training so that Cleveland fans would be excited by the trade, and if Escobar did create excitement, they may have thrown him a financial bone.

I never said that was what happened, I said it could have been a factor. For SRG to say that my theory is impossible is more ridiculous than the theory itself.

Ricky G has 11 GIDP's, not 10. If you look at our current
    winning ways, the most important aspect has been HOW FEW TIMES WE HAVE GIDP'd, AND the NUMEROUS TIMES where we scored 3 or 4 runs AFTER we hit into a fielders choice that WAS NOT turned into a DP by the opposition.

Ricky wasn't just hitting into GIDP's, he was doing it at the front of the inning, not after 3 or 4 runs had already socred.

Ricky has no power, no speed, and he GIDP's, he is practically creating negative run flow. His OBP is UNDER .300...he's on pace to drive in 25 runs for the SEASON!

He has ZERO stolen bases! He's on pace for 9 sac hits....

Ricky did break up the no-hitter this weekend, which helped lead to the 8th run fifth inning, and he did catch Frank Thomas's bases loaded line drive in the ninth inning on Sunday, it wasn't a spectacular catch, but he was in the right position to make the catch.

Yet in the past week, he again has left numerous runners on base. Look at the spark that Magruder has provided, that is how important the missing tablesetter is to this team.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 04, 2002 04:39 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by srg:

Swhinney I am my own boss so your yes man BS doesn't apply to me boy!

If you are your own boss I would hate to see the way you treat the people who work for you. The fact that you used the word "boy" in your posts pretty much answers that question. I am willing to bet it is you who is 24/7 at Cleveland Live posting under a different name every time. How sad! I've got news for you pal. When I saw that someone could spend an entire day (like 12 hours) using my name there I cut my postings to a minimum. It's funny, you sure seem to know what's going on over there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all Swanny most people consider you a troll and a moron who spends 24/7 ripping the Cleveland Indians on your JR High School board (Cleve-Live). You post on Fanhome with your other 20 other usernames including your latest Ruud Van Nistelrooy10 nonsense in a further attempt to rip the team you claim to follow. Alexx's "Escobar conspiracy" theory along with this Guitterez **** as the reson why we are going to dismantle the team makes him look like the ultimate flake. Any intelligent fan recognizes why we have to rebuild. Not because of Guiiterez hitting into double-plays [img]confused.gif[/img] but because the previous GM raped the team of its best prospects and left Dolan Shapiro with a 96 mill payroll and a team that is good for 4th best in the AL, a team that has not won a playoff series since 1998 and a roster full of aging overpaid veterans. Not to difficult to comprehend.

BTW Swanny your cheap owner just shelled out Seven figures for a 16th round draft and follow player, but OH, i forgot, i am one of those Minor League followers on Fanhome [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Another BTW Swhinney, how is Shapiro supposed to aquire big bats knucklehead? We have no prospects to trade for these so-called big bats.

FYI Swhinney I am my own boss so your yes man BS doesn't apply to me boy! I suggest you go home and cry to your mommy little Swhinney [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 03, 2002 12:37 PM: Message edited by: srg ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

viper,
    I Don't believe you can lay the blame of Branyan on Shapiro. What is he supposed to do? Release him? He is useless as a bench player, so they had to give him at-bats.

Alex, that ties into what I was saying. Yes Ricky has been struggeling, and grounding into DPs. And yes he is A REASON for the struggles that the Tribe has had, but so has Diaz hitting at around .200, Thome hitting at around .200 before the last few weeks, Branyan hitting pitifully, etc. It isn't JUST Ricky...that is all I am saying, you just keep harping him like he is the main cause for the angst of the team. My point is he is PART of the reason.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast