Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2010-2011 Recruits

Well we will be missing Davis, Howard, Petty and maybe one more. They have signed a total of 13 players for next year.... Gonna be very interesting!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jacks add Crenshaw High hoop star Duvall
    The Times-Standard
    Posted: 07/29/2010 01:27:22 AM PDT

ARCATA -- Former Crenshaw High School hoop star Emmett Duvall has signed on with the Humboldt State men's basketball program, adding yet another key player to the Lumberjacks squad, head coach Steve Kinder announced Wednesday.

?We are excited about Emmett signing and becoming a cornerstone of our basketball in the next four years,? Kinder said. ?He is a quality freshman student-athlete from Southern California who can make plays above the rim with his high-caliber athleticism.?

Duvall, a 6-6 power forward, helped Crenshaw achieve the school's first appearance in the California state playoffs in 12 years. His efforts led the Cougars to a 21-5 overall record and their second straight Coliseum League championship.

A first-team all-league selection in 2010, Duvall averaged 14 points per game. He also contributed 7 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocked shots per contest. Duvall is the 11th new player thus far committed to join the Jacks for the upcoming season.

HSU, the 2009-10 California Collegiate Athletic Association regular season co-champion, advanced to the NCAA Division II postseason tournament for the ninth time in the past 10 seasons. HSU finished the year with a 22-8 record.

The Jacks lost CCAA Player of the Year Zac Tiedeman and all-league performer Kevin Atkins to graduation, but return all-CCAA post Brian Morris, along with starters Ernie Spada and Elliott Babcock-Krenk.

Kinder takes over as head coach following 19 years as the program's top assistant and primary recruiter. He served his entire tenure at HSU under Tom Wood, who guided the Jacks for the past 29 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a link to the same article w/ some pictures of Emmett...

Crenshaw's Duvall signs with Humboldt State | Los Angeles Wave - Community News, Sports & Entertainment | Sports

Hopefully he is eligible...he had some issues w/ academic eligibility in high school. I'm sure he and the other 2 freshmen will redshirt this season...they'll be buried on the bench w/ the depth of this team otherwise.
    [I][B]"It's cute how they have Pack the Gym night. Up here, we just call that Saturday."[/B] - PosseBoy[/I]
    [B][I] "(Humboldt) is a college basketball atmosphere."[/B] - Scott Mossman, GCU coach[/I]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12