Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

for the teams that don't make the playoffs, i think those teams should have their own playoffs- kind of like what the NIT is to the NCAA tournament. this way half the guys aren't sitting around waiting and getting bored.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

now that would be great however

1. that takes game changing effects that would mean Scott having to change and redo the "code" which i doubt highly he would do

2. that takes away from pro basketball and turns it more towards college ... their is a point in pro sports that if you such and dont make the playoffs you dont get anything in return except a high draft pick possibility

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you said you wanted this league to be different and i think this would be a change for the better- it'd be an improvement, imo. if scott is unwilling to write code to improve the game, that's on him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Geez sandman... yes different is good but it has already been established that Scott isn't going to change the gamecode just for this one league... and why should he! He has been kind enough to give us all a free season to kick off the league as it is and is willing to work with us on making any changes that are possible within the current structure. Keep the coding change requests for the main messageboard.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

geez, yourself. i did also make this same suggestion on the board. i think it's a **** good idea and would benefit the game. if it's a coding issue scott's not willing to address, then that's his fault for not improving the game. he talks of how critical customer satisfaction is (and he generally does a very good job), so put your money where your mouth is. there's room for improvement and adding a 2nd tier playoff doesn't sound too out of line and maybe i'm wrong but i'd really like to see it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fine you like the idea, just go rant about it on the main hostboard.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

have you heard of realism?

i mean really do the teams that miss the playoffs get to go play tournaments in real life? NO

what incentive is there to make the playoffs if your not going to win it all? people would be actively trying not to get a lower playoff seed

for example instead of trying to get 6th 7th 8th they would try to lose cause they can jus tplay in teh other tourny and get a better draft pick

oh what fun that would be [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

last time i checked, this wasn't real life. the losers playoffs would just be like what the NIT is to the NCAA tournament- just a runners up kind of thing. regular season records would stand as far as draft picks and playoff money should not happen as far as the losers playoffs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

last time i checked this was meant to simulate real life ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess by definition a simulation has too simulate some thing from real life, the debate should be what particular aspect of life we are aiming to simulate.

I personally think that if it?s a 5 game playoff series then there is no need for the non playoff teams to do anything different. However if we do go with a seven game format, than maybe we should look at something for the 16 people who have nothing to do for a month.

dicky