Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rather then ruin the topic about the votes, I thought I would post this in a seperate topic. Personally I dont care if this gets me in trouble, or if it offends anyone.

I have 1 thing to say to you guys who are saying this league is a joke and yadda yadda..... If you dont like it then get the hell out, it really is that plain and simple. To me the original vote put forward by hornetjohn was a joke. Now it is quite a bit better since those are 2 seperate issues.

These supposed loopholes that are being brought to the attention of the league are being voted on... enough said. If it passes then it passes, if it doesnt it doesnt. But your little 12yr old attitude about this league is a joke is not only a smack in my face but a smack in the face of the rest of the league. Learn some tact, this is supposed to be a "gentlemans league", why dont you act like it. If you have a problem with something then voice your opinion about it, but dont act like some spoiled little brat.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DaFreak:
    To me the original vote put forward by hornetjohn was a joke. Now it is quite a bit better since those are 2 seperate issues.

Learn some tact, this is supposed to be a "gentlemans league", why dont you act like it. If you have a problem with something then voice your opinion about it, but dont act like some spoiled little brat.....
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Seems like these two don't fit. If you are asking people to show respect, it starts on your doorstep.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This could get into 1 hell of a pissing match. But I will be point blank about why I avoid the BBall forum completely. There are times on the forums that a specific person takes it upon themself to act as though they are somewhat more important then everyone else. I am just as guilty as the rest, I wont deny that. With that being said, you took it upon yourself to make a voting thread on a topic when the discussion about it specifically showed that the way you were lumping it together wasnt justified. Rather then take the initiative to seperate them you went ahead anyways. Then you try to justify it by saying it was a landslide in favor of a ban when it was 50-50 saying the vote was flawed and we wouldnt vote(just like the discussion said). My opinion on the whole matter was you were trying to scare everyone into thinking if they voted no on your voting thread they would somehow allow teams to loan players in the future. Thus allowing a ban on 1 thing and attaching another on its backside.

You know this happens all the time in politics, its called adding fat to a bill before it gets voted on. Its a trick used in real life all the time. I will take something that is obviously wrong and add another subject in hopes I can get both banned.

I will show plenty of respect to people and those who I talk to outside this forum(via IM and such) know what I am about. I just wont deal with attitudes like "this league is a joke". If they dont like it, then they can leave. That is why my post was about, it has nothing to do with respecting them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I seriously don't understand any of this - my voting thread was practically an exact replica of my opening discussion statement - the banning of any and all loans.

That said - I agree - this discussion does not make the league a joke or every other owner sleazy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think there was some confusion about the purpose of the discussion thread. I've chatted with HJ at some length about the issue and he thought that after the discussion period was over he could simply call for a vote on his initial proposal. After reading over the original specifications for the discussion-vote process I can see why he thought that even though my intention was different.

I've clarified the issue in the Decisions thread and posted that clarification Here as well. I can see why you'd be upset Da Freak if your expectations were the same as mine.

Anyway, the issue has been split into two votes now, and I think we can have a good vote and an even smoother run next time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]smile.gif[/img] I knew once I posted this I would get a few of these. But you all seem to fail to understand the concept of my complaint. Since you are unable to do that I cant force you to understand.

It is quite simple, and I will put it even more simple for those who couldnt understand. They attacked the league because they didnt agree with a vote taking place. I didnt attack the league, rather I attacked the GM's who posted those specifically. Then again some people cant seem to make a distinction about a personal attack and an attack against a league. Was I rude towards the people who made those comments, probably.... Would I ever attack the league the same way, absolutely not. I can make the distinction between the 2 can you?

My main issue with those posts was the simple fact that the vote as it stood showed that 100% of the league thought that type of loan/trade wasnt acceptable.... does it make the league a joke when 100% agree about the same thing?

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ March 31, 2005 01:59 PM: Message edited by: DaFreak ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you felt the need to start an entirely new thread just to browbeat and fingerwag at a few people you don't agree with? wonderful. your parents must be proud.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by hornetjohn:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Originally posted by DaFreak:
    Learn some tact, this is supposed to be a "gentlemans league", why dont you act like it. If you have a problem with something then voice your opinion about it, but dont act like some spoiled little brat.....

<font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Seems like these two don't fit. If you are asking people to show respect, it starts on your doorstep.[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">exactly. who's the one acting out like a brat now? yeesh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man, I love this league.

Most of the ideas (at least the "non-technical" ones) I can present, start a discussion about, and put it to the vote.......How great is that?

I think we should all just accept that we are running an experiment here, and that we are starting this from scratch. Believe me, it will get much easier from here, so why do people keeping getting riled up about minor roadbumps?

Come on, all of you. We have the chance to make something special work out great in this league, so how about giving both the league and your fellow owners the ben?fit of doubt, when something happens that you dont approve of....Seems to me that ALL managers have been willing to correct the mistakes they made, when they have been pointed out to them in a rational, respectfull manner.

Go ahead, call me a hippie [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ April 01, 2005 05:31 AM: Message edited by: Graffin ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast