Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft Screwup! Any suggestions? Please add your input.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Fasttracker:

3. if we were to skip him what kind of meaning or attitude within the league and the GMs that are now our community would that show ...

<font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">It would show everyone else to pay attention and to look at the list of who has been drafted otherwise there is a penalty for not doing so. If I screwed up and did that I wouldn't be pissed if the guy after me drafted because it was my mistake in the first place not his.

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ February 10, 2005 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Tengu ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we should give him 28 hours to fix his mistake. If he can't do that, then he's either not able to get online or he's not intending to check in anytime soon.

I also think it would be a good idea to set a 24 hour policy -- either for making your pick or fixing an error. It appears that everyone is (or at least should be) aware that the draft is running. People need to take some responsibility for their picks.

We should also consider whether some sort of compensation is in order for those whose picks get passed over. Perhaps some sort of monetary compensation (i.e. $200k for every slot they slide) or moving up their last pick for every pick they slide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12