Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I would like to put this out there to a vote, in case this situation comes up again.

If someone takes a player that was already drafted what should we do?

1. Keep going immediately, if someone has their pick ready they can pick. You screwed up not the league own up to your mistake. You can make your corrected pick immediately though.
    2. Wait 6-8 hours for a correction.
    3. Wait 24 hours on a correction.
    4. Wait until how ever long it takes for a correction.

My choice is #1 for the obvious reason is that there should be a level of accountablity in this league. It's no one's fault but your own. You shouldn't get any kind of a break because the responsibility is yours alone to make sure you are getting your pick right.

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ February 10, 2005 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Tengu ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I vote for the first one. If I draft a player who has been claimed already, feel free to skip me and I will fix it when I can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have patience, and I believe rather strongly in "fair play" and "goodwill"...

BUT I think with the drfat everyone involved SHOULD be paying enough attention to see what's going on, and who's been taken. you claim someone that's already on a roster. It shouldn't hold up the rest of the league.

It should be on your time you get aorund to fixing your problem.

So be it if you decide to go on vaction for a week after making that mistake and get back with 50 picks having been made.

1. - added for TC

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ February 10, 2005 12:59 PM: Message edited by: GrendelKhan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2. People should have a grace period if they make a mistake.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just one thing balrog, im not disagreeing with anything youve said except ...

its just a game, it is just a game but how much people value the game is going to be different to each person some people will value this game as much as anything that happens through the rest of their life

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tengu:
    As for beening pissed off at the league for continuing on because you were the moron who couldn't look at that list your just as sad as someone who sues a company because your HOTcoffee was too hot. You need to grow up and learn that your choices have consequences and to grow some balls and own up to them.[/QB]
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Well, for me it comes down to fairplay.....people make dumb mistakes all the time, although it is easy to say that they shouldnt. Every once in a while people release some player they didnt mean to, and post on the messageboard saying it was a mistake, and politely asking people not to bid on that player....I honor this request, others dont. Guess it just comes down to personal moral standards.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

4. Though 3 once this is sorted, but add it to the rules so everyone knows.

Just say Lundergaard keeps track of the players already picked by player ID. Read the entire rules post and check pick #3. And also, can we lose the signatures for the draft picks? As rule 2 says "We do not want this to become cluttered with anything other than each teams pick data."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123