Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay i bring this one up because its different then coaches ... we actually have our players on our teams as each round ends and many of us im sure are already training so do we want trainers now

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I vote for both to wait until the end of the draft.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can see the vote is going against me, but I don't understand it. There are enough trainers for everyone to have one and most of them are going to be paid the minimum anyway. Since we're actually training now, why don't we just get them?

I can understand waiting on the coaches since:
    A) the top coaches will be paid a lot, and
    B) they won't be of any use until we play games, but
    what's the rationale for waiting on trainers? Even if you don't want one yourself right now for financial reasons, does it matter that much to deny them to the other players who want one?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SOrry Turing, but my vote was selfish. I think the most fair thing to vote would have been yes. But I voted no because I won't be getting a trainer right away, and didn't want anyone that was going to be signing a trainer to have any extra advantages over me. Sorry, but a vote's a vote.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My "no" vote was because we don't know when the season will start. If you've got owners who need to ration their money out between now and the start of the season, how can they make an informed financial planning decision when they don't know how long they'll have to pay that trainer until "real" money starts coming in? And you don't want to open Pandora's Box by suggesting that trainer-less owners might be deliberately delaying their draft picks for the full 24 hours to ensure that they get the maximum financial advantage over their trainer-paying counterparts ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some people do like to hold on to trainers (unlike you promiscuous folk in L31 [img]wink.gif[/img] ) -- after all, you're looking at a penalty of at least a million bucks every time you pick up a new one. Why would you pay that much to have a trainer for a couple of weeks?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, with 4 trains a day, how long did you want to have him anyway? [img]smile.gif[/img]

If I understand you correctly, your main reason for wanting to do trainers later is that if we do them now, you're afraid that people will draw out the draft to bleed money from the people with trainers?

I can't speak for anyone else, but if we make trainers available now, I promise that my remaining draft picks will be done within 5 minutes after the person ahead of me picks. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I still don't get that objection, Stumps. (I do get yours, Z, ya putz!) It's not as if having a trainer is a permanent thing. If someone hires a trainer now, uses them to train and then finds they're running low on funds, they can very easily cut them and stop the expense. It's not as if there's one best trainer you need to get and hold on to. I could see people drawing out the draft to hurt people with coaches, but trainers? It doesn't make any sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With all the delays we've had so far, I just think it would be more relaxing if there was no real reason for anybody at all to get on edge if a pick was taking longer than we'd like it to.