Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="blue">
    1. SALARY CAP:</font> Currently I think league 2 is the only league to have a salary cap different from 60million. Since we have the option I think we should change the current number even if it isn?t by much. I would like to see the roster size increase as well as a few other things so a higher salary would only fall into place with other changes I am sure. I would like to see something in the 65-75million range for the league?s new salary.

<font color="blue">
    2. TRAINS PER DAY:</font> I would like to create a team to my own preference that could compete within the league from training but don?t want to have to wait six seasons to see it happen. I would like to see the training per day to go from 2 to at least 4 if not even 6.

Since all training is not a Pass/Go situation and there are players that in time will reach their highest levels of training experience I think these higher training conditions are feasible. Scott however did mention that the more trains we allow the crazier the training screen will appear due to all the little boxes.

<font color="blue">
    3. COACHES/TRAINERS:</font> 32 coaches but only 16 trainers. Every team should have the ability to have a coach, enough said on that for me!!!!

<font color="blue">
    4. BANK:</font> Again league 31 is great ? the people want to be in the league and they are incredible active however it seems to take a new GM quite some time to even become competitive and even then no where near championship form.

I would like to see each team start off with 50-100Million in their bank. This will do one very simple thing. This will give each GM a choice right at the start of the season. Do you invest your money in the fame department, do you buy a new stadium and invest in concess/merch to make more money for later in life, do you offer big bonuses to get the top free agents and coaches on the market or do you invest all your effort in training. Possible some teams will use the money to buy top stars from other teams or future draft picks in the coming seasons.

Lots of options to choose from when you actually start off a league with more than 20K-1M.

<font color="blue">
    5. ROSTER SIZE:</font> I would like to see more than the current 16 on each roster. A simple increase to 18 would be fine which again allows a simple change but doesn?t mess it up to much. Use it for two more recruits to train for your future.

<font color="blue">
    6. PLAYOFF SERIES LENGTH:</font> 7 games is hard when you don?t make the playoffs but I think with more money to start and the option to train players 4 or 6 times a day teams will be more calm to wait out the long playoff storm if they know they are at least improving their teams during the wait. Also every player in this league has won a championship and surely has at least one other team in another league to deal with! I vote for 7 games to create a more life like atmosphere.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

<font size="3">Final decisions will be voted on by the league GM's prior to league creation and after discussions are closed. <font color="red">Remember that the main point of this league besides brining the best GM's together is to create a NEW CHALLENGE and change the game in different ways. This will only happen if we are open to change in more than one aspect of the game.</font></font>

<font size="1"><font color="green">
    Take the time to place your input on any or all of the topics below. If you agree with another members input then say so to insure we are hearing everyone's opinion on league creation issues</font>

1. SALARY CAP: What should league salary cap be?

2. TRAINS PER DAY: How many trains per day should each GM be allowed?

3. COACHES/TRAINERS: How many of each should the league start with?

4. BANK: How much money should each team start with in their respective bank account?

5. ROSTER SIZE: How many players will a roster hold max/min?

6. PLAYOFF SERIES LENGTH: 5 or 7?
    </font>

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ November 01, 2004 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Fasttracker ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It may be anything, *** far as I'm concerned - I always find myself short of cap space because I try to get as close to the cap as possible. 65-75 mill will create a different scenario, with more good players, which is good.

I find that trains per day isn't really what's keeping my players from improving - it has more to do with their talent/ability level. In every major category I seem to outtrain the players before the start of the playoffs even with only two trains a day.

40 and 33. Let there be more coaches and trainers than GMs, so there is a turnover between the teams.

I want to know what the ability gap for may players is, and with only 16 trainers, everybody is keeping their trainer because they belive they'll never get another one. So teams keep trainers they really have no need for, just because they can't get another one.

There will be bidding wars for the best coaches/trainers regardles.

4. BANK: How much money should each team start with in their respective bank account?

Plenty! 100 million sounds fine to me.

This doesn't matter too much to me - I'll play with any choise.

Seven - it is much more fun for the playoff teams.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1. SALARY CAP: Any is fine really... $70 million?

2. TRAINS PER DAY: I actually prefer the 2 a day thing, since it keeps the emphasis more on the long haul and recuriting good players, rather than just building players... more realistic

3. COACHES/TRAINERS: enough of both for everyboyd to have one... and having more than one trainer wouldn't **** ...

4. BANK: Plenty... $200 million, I would guess, so we could just jump to a nice sized arena immediately... again, more realistic...

5. ROSTER SIZE: 16 is fine with me

6. PLAYOFF SERIES LENGTH: 7... definitely 7

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't really mind... higher than current but not so high that you can carry 10 players at $10m ea. It would be nice to be able to play some superstars though (plus $15m) without crippling your depth, so around 75-80m?

Got to agree with Lundergaard here, it's not the number of trains per day that is holding players back. It's overall potential. Increasing the number of trains probably just means you stop training earlier in the season.

40 coaches.... 15 trainers [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Lots... Enough that there is a number of different options for everyone starting off.

Playing Roster: Max18, DL: Max2

I hate 7 game series... great for the guys left in the playoffs but boring as batshit for everyone else. Do they really make any difference to the final result??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

40 coaches, 20 trainers

Min 10, Max 16

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ November 10, 2004 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Balrog ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UP TO 4

30 COACHES, 20 TRAINERS

MIN 10, MAX 16, 2 ON JUNIOR LIST

DEFINATELY 5

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ November 10, 2004 06:24 PM: Message edited by: DJMENOW ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1. SALARY CAP: $70-75,000,000

2. TRAINS PER DAY: 2-3

3. COACHES/TRAINERS: 35/18

4. BANK: How much money should each team start with in their respective bank account? $50-75,000,000. $50,000,000 could make owners make more decisions while $75,000,000 would open up a lot more doors for owners.

5. ROSTER SIZE: How many players will a roster hold max/min? Doesn't really matter to me.

6. PLAYOFF SERIES LENGTH: 7

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="green">
    1. SALARY CAP:</font> I would like to see it around $70 million. I really don't care if it's higher, just as long as it's at least 70.

<font color="red">
    2. TRAINS PER DAY:</font> A minimum of 4. To be honest, I would like to see this be unlimited. What I'm looking to play is a new game, not the same old thing. I want everything to be different than regular Franchise Basketball. I want more of a wild arcade version - Franchise Basketball: Extreme.

<font color="lime">
    3. COACHES/TRAINERS:</font> 50 coaches and 32 trainers. I'm not particular with the amount of coaches, as long as there is at least 32. But there MUST be 32 trainers.

<font color="pink">
    4. BANK:</font> AT LEAST $100,000,000. Heck, if it were up to me I'd say let's go with a BILLION! Even $500 million would be nice. Like I said before, I want different, new, wild, and EXCITING!

<font color="fuscia">
    5. ROSTER SIZE:</font> Don't care.

<font color="teal">
    6. PLAYOFF SERIES LENGTH:</font> I've always been a stickler for 5 game series in L2, but I want a new game to play, so I'll agree with a 7 game series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if everyone agreed that dropping the RELEASE BUTTON would be fair i would be all for it ... certainly would change the game completely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast