-
September 27th, 2001, 08:01 PM
#11
HB Forum Owner
Capitals: see your posting about Asio drivers on September 3.
But apart from that, I can understand your frustration when you try to make some music with the card and you end up solving technical problems.
The only reason I wrote an answer to you is, that in my opinion other users on this forum didn't get a fair treat.
Please also read the rules for this forum on our site. On of them is a request not to make puns about the name 'Terratec'. Not to protect Terratec, but because they are a bore: we have seen them all in the past few years.
So I hope you're happy with your new card. I think you made the best choice in your situation. :-)
Good luck,
Arnoud.
------------------
Arnoud
-
November 27th, 2001, 08:45 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I'm in disagree, ews it's not a nice sampler, it's a crap sampler, doesn't work like it should
------------------
-
November 29th, 2001, 07:44 AM
#13
Inactive Member
there is a danger of this thread becoming boring if people repeat the card is or is not working. but that might already be the case.. so, I love mine, although it s*cks every now and again, and the support seems to have ended, terratec-wise.
But, generally, I'm perfectly happy with both audio and MIDI, and thats true for stereo as well as quadrophonic stuff.
But hey, lets rely on everybody knows what they are doing here, and with the card.
------------------
-
November 30th, 2001, 08:58 PM
#14
Inactive Member
Hi all.
EWS64 was our dream one day, we have to remember that. It's a good sound card and a very very nice sampler. shame it is a ISA card that's the only thing we can complain about. edson is working fine ( somebody wrote that you have to save often, it's true and like this in several softwares ). this site was always a very good help for me.
I often read bad things about terratec. I never had to contact them directly and was always able to find a solution to my problem on the net or myself.
so be happy with your EWS64 !!!!
------------------
-
December 1st, 2001, 12:02 AM
#15
Inactive Member
During development of Utopia EWS, the first 32MB GM bank was saved almost 700 times before it reached v0.9xx. It helped alot, saving continuesly. It's just a shortcut, and the tendency to save continuesly is nice to have when your PC eventually crashes no matter what you're working on (3D, document, samples).
3D Studio MAX for instance (which is a professional 3D modelling software) has an ugly tendency to crash back to desktop if it has problems communicating with the copyprotection dongle at the back of the PC. It happens on some PCs more than others, it just happens 
------------------
-
December 12th, 2001, 07:20 AM
#16
Inactive Member
I?ve been while away, and that for good reason. This will be the last time (actually) I visit this forum. why? I bought a Roland XV 3080 with Session board. Ok it??s expensive but the sound is unbelieveable!! I tell you: The ews is VERY far away from professional Equipment! And it is far away from audio processing. The only use it has in my computer now is to control the better Equipment ;-). I wish everyone good luck with this card, but I for myself had almost only troubles! And like I said before, it is far away from professional equipment which you can buy for almost the same price as the EWS.
Thx for your help in the last months!!
------------------
-
December 13th, 2001, 12:25 PM
#17
Inactive Member
I agree with you that the handling and drivers of the EWS are VERY far away from being professional. But as a sampler, being a professional machine depends from its samples.
But I can understand your decision as I also sold my last EWS these days. My new mainboard doesn?t have ISA anymore and the EXS 24 is far superior because it?s integrated in Logic and a lot faster.
Bye, Philipp
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks