Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Got a question. If I want to record for example guitars with a dynamic instrument microphone....how do I do it??? The In1 Signal is so low it scares me and the In2 Signal is....not present. How good is the EWS really for recording instruments?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

For recording microphone you have to use some kind of amplifier (mixer, mic-amp etc.). For most soundcards you have to do that, I think there is only one with a real (good?) build in micinput/amp. The mic-inputs of the most cards (amateur-cards: sb, ews ...) are very bad in soundquality.

If you just want to make high latency recordings it is a 'good' card (good soundquality), if you want to combine midi and audio you could get in sync problems. If you want to do more cool stuff, you should think about a 'professional soundcard'/system.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Yeah, I suppose that I?ll do right that. Have you got a specific "Soundcard-
    Set" in mind which would be good to work with?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was looking for a soundcard for a friend. It is real hard to find the right one, spcialy if you got not enough money to spend. So I can't tell you one specific card.

I found this page where you have a small overview what serveral cards can do and what they cost: http://www.soundkartenkatalog.de/
    (deutsch und englisch!)

Then what you can do is to search www.deja.com for any opinions on one card you selected. Finaly you can also post a question on the cubase forum or a different audio group. But searching deja tells you if it is good or not, most of the time.

dirk

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I?m using a Mackie mixer, the EWS64 as sampler/synth and a M-Audio Delta 66 for audio. This solution provides me decent pre-amps and very nice routing possibilities. Besides that, the Mackie is some kind of patchbay for me. I don?t have to plug things in and out, I just turn the knobs.

Bye, Philipp

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanx alot guys. I?ll try, what you recommended to me. I am thinking of selling my EWS, and buying a upgradeable Rack Synth. (But first I gotta find someone who wants that thing *g*) Well however. Thanx alot again.

------------------