-
February 13th, 2002, 08:20 AM
#1
samppa
Guest
I've read a few messages about succesful EWS64 installation on WinXP. These messages are (obviously) quite recent, but I was wondering if any of you 'pioneers' has already got some opinions of this combination . In comparison to your prior operating system, I mean.
I'm asking because I'm thinking about updating my Win98 (first edition) to XP too, but I'm still not quite sure if there are any real advantages, or is this XP just a hype. I've recently(!) bought an used EWS64XL, and I like it very much. (Though the istallation process was a pain in the ass even in Win98. I'm not a real computer-nerd.)
For example, does the Ews software work OK? Is the system any faster (...faster than a ray of light...)? Do sequencers work or even work better? Does the system crash more frequently? Any disadvantages in losing the Codec? (I'm asking, because i'm quite new on this EWS-stuff, and I don't really know where the EWS uses the Codec) Or just anything else I should know?
I've read on this board that the ASIO drivers won't work under WinXP. Well, on my experience, they don't work very stable under Win98 either, so I think I won't lose anything there if I install XP...
Anyway, the main issue for me would be speeding up the system.
------------------
-
February 13th, 2002, 12:07 PM
#2
Inactive Member
In general: updating from Win98 to XP is not a hype. It?s going to be necessary in the long run as all major sequencer software for PC along with all hardware drivers will exclusively developed for XP. As far as I know, Win 98 isn?t supported by Microsoft anymore.
Besides that, XP (and 2000) are far superior to 98: more stable and with modern PCs even faster.
The only Problem is called EWS64. If you can make it work with XP, everything?s great. If you can?t do so, you will get stuck with a system that?s going to be out of date sooner or later. But maybe that?s not so bad as it sounds: if it works for you now, stay with it and make some music. That?s more fun then f**king around with PCs.
Have fun,
Philipp
------------------
-
February 15th, 2002, 09:38 AM
#3
samppa
Guest
Yep. I prefer making music too. 
------------------
-
February 15th, 2002, 09:41 AM
#4
samppa
Guest
Yep. I prefer making music too. 
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks