Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Linux

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Arend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    are there drivers for linux? or is there someone who has experience with linux and EWS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Arend,

    I don?t think that there are lot of people around with experience with Linux and audio at all. None of the major sequencer programs like Logic, Cubase etc. works under Linux and most audio cars don?t even provide drivers for Linux. I think that this is still going to take some more years until some serious software is available for Linux so that the hardware companies will develope drivers.

    Bye, Philipp

  3. #3
    Inactive Member xtender's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2001
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe the following link will help you http://www.anime.net/~sam9407/

    Good luck
    xtender

  4. #4
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very interesting, I didn?t know about this at all.
    But I still don?t think that it helps very much. Without direct support and software like Edison by Terratec, the EWS64 will be just as good as any other card. Without the special features of the EWS I would prefer using a Soundblaster.

    Bye, Philipp

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    I tried to post this message earlier, but this hostboard server wasn't working the way I wanted. Anyway, on our Foreign Languages page on www.ews64.com is all the information about Linux and EWS. Not very recent though, but also the link Xtender mentioned is there.
    And I agree with Philipp here: under Linux the EWS is as good as any other card and there's a better chance to get a SB working on that platform, I think.
    Good luck.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gotta mention in here:

    In Red Hat release 7 (and in Best Linux 5.x) EWS seems to work ok... or at least Wav files are working ok.
    Because it seems that other peoples are also trying to use EWS in linux, I try to put some kind of manual for RH7 on the net to help you out...

    (To same breath) This is however going to take "few" weeks, because I'm currently moving to other place and network access is not working in my new home, and won't be functional before Aug. 15. frown Sorry...

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •