Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,
    on the EWS64XL there is some reverb, but I like it to be longer and more profound. Does anybody know if it can be increased somehow?? Is it sofware- or hardwarebased??
    Thank you

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello , all effects like Reverb , Chorus echo vspace ... are based on SOFTWARE ALGORITHMS . This algorithms use the power of the dream DSP cheap to make effects .
    First , you can specify your own parameters in the FX Panel like Time,Delay,Feedback...
    Second , if you are a good programmer , you can write your own algorithm!!
    Personnally , I Never use the algorithms on the FX Panel except the Equalizer .
    When I want to add effects to a midi track , I record it with the wave record on a wave track . After , with soundforge for ewample , you can add reverb etc...The effects in soundforge are also software but there are rather good(and they use the power of the cpu to calculate it).
    If you have a sequencer like cubase vst and some plugins(native wave power pack for example) you can add effects like reverb... in REAL TIME. To do this , you must have a very good CPU(pentium II OR III) to make it.
    It's a very important difference between very high cards and our EWS64. Very high cards have very powerfull DSP's that can calculate the plugins effects in real time.
    See you soon...

------------------
    franck mercier