-
May 4th, 2006, 12:50 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi there. I'v got a pair of VOTT A7
cabinets completly with speakers and all from the old theatre luxor in
Rotterdam.These things are like new.Both the 15''(421A) have been reconed
and the HFdiaframents(808-8A) will be replaced too. Filters are the
N1285-8A completely original.What i'm going to do is refit the damping with
more frendly baff wedding and maybe a **** of paint.
My question is this.
Is there any market for these BIG monsters? Seen the fact altec lansing has
starded to build these speakers again?
I'm gonna sell them when they are done and tested.
I live in Vlaardingen,near Rotterdam so chipping will be no problem.
Best regards from a speakerenthusiast.
-
May 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi- what you have is the Musical Insrument version. From a collecor's standpoint the least desirable.
But all is not lost. I would sell them as components. They will bring a decent price that way. Yes there is a thriving market for used Altec.
The new owner of the cabinets is likely going to want the 416 or 515 woofers with 802 horn drivers anyway.
Or you never know, some band may want them as a PA. Though frankly with newer technology there are systems half the size.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks