Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 604-C

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nachobird's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2008
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey - Newbie here.

    I have had in my possession for about 10 years now, 2 cabinets with AL Duplex's in them. One is a 604-C the other, uncanningly is a 605-A. The 604 has what looks to be a sealed transformer type box in it with the AL schematic for wiring to the speaker. ( I would imagine this is a crossover?) But there is no knob or dial on it. The 605 has an N-1600-C dividing network with it. I recently purchased another 604 with out the crossover. My questions are: What is the correct unit to use for the 604-C's? And is there somewhere to purchase another one for the extra 604 that I now own?

    On another note...LOL (sorry) My 605-A is only sounding the Highs through it. There was a wire that had fallen out of the Dividing network and I have NO CLUE where it was connected too. I tried to wire the 605 with the wire coming from the OTHER speaker cabinet to see if that crossover could work the speaker...but the same thing "just the highs" came out of the 605. My questions on this: Does this mean that the low end part of the speaker is bad and needs to be rebuilt? Or is the N1600 the only network that will drive the 605 correctly? Should I send the 1600 and the 605 to Bill @ Great Plains and have them looked at?

    I know this was a lot, but I've been saving it up for my first time post. If anyone can help answer any of my questions, I'll be your best friend. LOL

    Thanks for putting up with me and letting me be a part of this message board.

    Bird forums

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you considered building your own?

    Much info here:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~jmarkwart/index.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.