-
March 16th, 2007, 11:08 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I am installing a new diaphragm on a 288-16G driver. The instructions say to note the polarity of the diaphragm you are removing. I bought this driver without a diaphragm. How do I know which side to put the L1 and L2. I have done this to another driver and it actually sounds better when I reverse the polarity. Does that mean the Driver is on incorrectly?
-
March 17th, 2007, 02:00 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
'L1' to negative (2), 'L2' to positive (1), (+), or red dot depending on who made it.
WRT to which way the driver is wired to the XO sounds best depends on the XO slope and the driver's relative position to the woofer's regardless of whether the VC is hooked up correctly to the speaker terminals, though one does need to know each driver's acoustic polarity before experimenting with which way sounds best.
Anyway, sounds like you need to check any other drivers to make sure they're all wired correctly using a flashlight battery to confirm that (+) to L1/(-) to L2 moves the diaphragm into the gap.
GM
-
March 17th, 2007, 09:31 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Here's a link to Great Plains Audio. Click on
Altec Lg-Format Driver Diaphragm Replacement Instructions. I hope this helps.
-
March 17th, 2007, 09:32 AM
#4
Inactive Member
-
March 17th, 2007, 01:19 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
FYI, you can right click on the link, click 'copy link location', then paste into your response, email, etc., saving a step: http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/LgDrvrDiaRepl.pdf
GM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks