-
September 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
http://cgi.ebay.de/Altec-Lansing-JBL...QQcmdZViewItem
Altec Lansing JBL Lautsprecher Speaker TOP Leslie bei eBay Lautsprecher, Hi-Fi-Rarit?ten, Audio Hi-Fi (endet 12.09.07 19:45:00 MESZ)
no, really, its a jensen, right?
right?
-
September 10th, 2007, 12:16 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Don't know, doesn't look like any Jensen I've seen.
The only Leslie drivers I've seen were CTS, while Jensens were in Wurlitzers.
-
September 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Looks kind of like a JBL or Altec, but not really, the basket is similar to the later Altec, I bet it is a European replacement, I haven't seen anything quite like it, the magnet reminds me of something.
looks like a quality cast basket anyway.
Harry
-
September 10th, 2007, 12:19 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Oops! Forgot to look up the EIA code
.......Yep, it's a Jensen.
-
September 10th, 2007, 12:47 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Originally posted by GM:
...The only Leslie drivers I've seen were CTS, while Jensens were in Wurlitzers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lots of Leslies used Jensens, I think exclusively till the late 50's, when Jensen saw many changes, including the loss of sales to many longstanding OEM customers.
From 15" field coil Jensens in the early HiBoy Leslies, to P15LLs, P12Ns, 6x9s for reverb kits, and the classic V20 and V21 HF drivers for the rotary horns, Jensen drivers were in all the classic Hammond-oriented models that made Leslie famous.
Later Leslies ran a zoo of mixed bag drivers from most big-name mfrs, including Motorola piezos.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks