Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: altecs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member organtec's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone know where I can get a pair of Altec Barcelona's? Thanks,Keith
    email [email protected]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member acre's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry I can't help you locate a set of these beauties but your post begs a question. Weren't they A-7-500's in a domestic enclosure (511B horn and 515 LF driver). The next size up from the original Valencias? Thanks. Just curious.....Lee

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Kieth,

    I know a fella with a pair he once wanted to sell. I've emailed him to find out the status and will update with what I learn.

    Hi Lee,

    They were a 500Hz (511B/802-8D) system, and bigger than the Vals, but had a 411 woof and an EQ network too. Some had integral biamps. Think 9846 in a deco box.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    altecs


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    There's a set on Chicago craigslist- Google craigslist altec will bring them up...look good..$1200 asking.

    Seeler doesn't offer shipping though, some shipping companies will pick up and box...

    Only set I know of right now...

    Maybe a member in Chi town who could assist?

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh noooo...... this was a fancy piece of furniture marketed as a 'Flagship' HIFI speaker: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...akers/873a.htm

    Between wide flat bars blocking the horn, 808-8A (Symbiotik) MI horn driver and medium efficiency 411-8A it was anything but IMO, though as always YMMV.

    Regardless, if the (lack) of sales in the Atlanta metro area are any indication, these are rather rare and being nice looking and large I imagine they are more likely to be a part of a major estate sale.

    GM

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by bfish:

    They were a 500Hz (511B/802-8D)........
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If true, then at some point they changed them from the then brand new 808-8A loaded ones we auditioned/opened up at the distributors, ditto the 9846-8A.

    GM

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    altecs


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    My experience has been same as GM's the 808.

    Qualified with I have only seen 2 sets... forums

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just pulled the 802 from the '75 reference, albeit from the biamp version listing. Never been inside either though.

    Kieth, the pair I knew of are long gone, sorry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.