Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Impressive list.

Convergence, you have a really good heart. You'd probably make a great neighbor- if I make it up your way I would love to buy you a coffee.

I feel like you are taking this personally. The difference, I think is I'm a businessman. Surviving in that world is not easy.

If they can make that idea work, and it does what is claimed, it will be a good thing.

I absolutely do not question your honesty. But I just advise, take business press releases with a large grain- maybe in some cases a metric ton- of salt.

Take a look at Tripath. On the surface a great company, well funded. For those not familiar, the folks who build the T-amp modules audiophiles were in love with.

A year later, the are bankrupt, bought out by another company now trying to salvage comething from the ashes.

Philps has a new idea for the topology in that type amp. At the risk of PO'ing the tube guys, I've heard experimental products using Phillips topology that blow away Tripath, and frankly 80 percent of the tube amps I've heard. This is PWM technology- many thought would never be Hi-Fi.

It is simply impossible to predict market direction. If it was, there would be lots more millionaires.

A good idea is only as good as how it sells. And for as long as it sells. And until a better idea comes along.

I hope that technology works.

But to post "This is gonna happen" is just plain a bad thing to do. Chances are it won't happen.

Again most new ideas fail. Only reason to keep trying to come up with more ideas.

Some ideas are way ahead of their time, and work years later.

There was an all electric railway servicing Northern Ohio a century ago. Economics killed it. Good chance economics may bring it back. Wars have been fought over economics.

How great an idea is simply doesn't matter if it doesn't work in the market.

So be hopeful, but skeptical. Don't believe everything you read or hear. We need accurate information more than ever. Unfortunately our politicians seem **** bent on us not getting it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by O G:
    ...There was an all electric railway servicing Northern Ohio a century ago. Economics killed it. Good chance economics may bring it back...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reminds me of a powerplant they built near my childhood Missouri farm. They built a dam that impounded ~15 miles of cooling water next to a huge existing coal strip mine that provided fuel for the steam turbines. After EPA mandated reduced emissions only a few years later, they closed down the coal mine, dismantled Big David (the world's 4th largest electric shovel), and started hauling in lower-sulfer coal by rail all the way from Montana or Wyoming.

With the economic changes that have occurred since, wouldn't it be more cost effective to implement stack scrubbers/afterburners and reopen the local mine? Did anyone consider the diesel-guzzling, emmission belching rail engines in the overall equation? Will they revisit those issues periodically to better suit current and future economic/environmental needs?

Not as long as the petro-pushers are running things they won't. Consumers aren't necessarily addicted to oil, the oil dealers/pushers just keep the alternatives out of reach. Burn them all in baths of their own boiling oil I say. forums

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 17, 2008 05:37 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As previously mentioned, there are lots of electric concept vehicles on drawing boards around the world. Some may eventually make production, many won't. Here's about the wildest one I've seen yet;

http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2...ble-motorcycle

A strap-on exoskeleton Li-on/pneumatic "motorcycle"... thing-a-ma-bob... forums

Methinks that guy may have replayed Tron once too often...

Senior Hostboard Member
    The electric car

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Re: The electric car

Another silly spambot. BTW It's 14 years later and that system isn't in mass production.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The "wheel motor " all the scooters have a wheel motor. Volvo has an experimental car with Wheel motors . The benifit is a small battery . The battery is recharged with an alternator also . And most of all no need for a transmission.
    Last edited by LICORNE; January 22nd, 2023 at 09:38 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member
    The electric car

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

The wheel motor was first built in 1884. It's had plenty of time to mature. It just doesn't have the advantages claimed.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I'll take a Tesla Model S Plaid please.......
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234