Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Score!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Score!

    Oh man, talk about a good day today. I got 3 pairs 416-8C, a pair of 515-8G, 3 pairs 902-8B, 1 pair 816 cabs, 3 pairs of N8500-8b, 1 pair N1285-8b, a pair of EV EVX-180, a pair of JBL MW115-8A and a JBL 2418H driver. Damn near killed myself wrestling those cabs out from behind the screen but they are pretty cool. Oh yeah, one of the cabs had a pair of unused 80?s vintage VOTT stickers sitting inside.

    Not to break the faith but the EV?s look like they might make a pretty good pair of subs if I can use a steep enough filter to get rid of the out of band peaks. All of the 902?S have 35480 diaphragms, anybody know about those?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    Where? How?

    Pictures?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Where? How?

    Pictures?
    Got them from a closed multiplex. Every once in a while it pays to be an obsessed freak, people sometimes remember your strange fixation and call when they find good stuff.
    ?Hey, you like old speakers right?? ummm? yeah?way more than my wife does

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    So what are your plans for the new haul? I've been hoping a pair of 816's would show up closer than South/North Carolina
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member SD-50's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    Holy crap! Major score!!! Good on ya!

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    "So what are your plans for the new haul? I've been hoping a pair of 816's would show up closer than South/North Carolina"


    Too bad I wasn't closer to ya, or they would be yours......

    Nice score there Marty.....

    -chris

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    I called all my movies theaters in my area, and only one had some equipment, but they all ready had their "yardsale".


    Oh well, I will find some stuff.


    -chris

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    So what are your plans for the new haul? I've been hoping a pair of 816's would show up closer than South/North Carolina

    They are yours for free if you want them. I thought I might play with them for awhile but you have been looking and I know how that goes. I can get them to them to Oak Lawn, IL with no trouble but you would need to pick them up during the day on a weekday. I left the backs sitting in the theatre so you would need make those but I did salvage the back badges so you could have them too. Shoot me a PM

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    Quote Originally Posted by martyh45 View Post
    .....I left the backs sitting in the theatre .....
    Dude... What were you thinking? Any chance you got go back and get them?

    I'll pm you later......probably Wednesday.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Score!

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Dude... What were you thinking? ...
    Time... I can make the backs with less effort than it would have taken to repair the originals. Someone had carved them up to fit a larger crossover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.