-
December 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM
#31
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Cabinets
Good quality Maple is one of the most stable hardwoods. If an anticipated movement is what youre concerned about, the addition of corner gussets will tend to keep things aligned. I don't think the tension of the cloth is going to keep the wood from expanding, contracting, twisting, or cupping.
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. I use Maple for tool handles, machine jigs, saw fences and so on. Most of these are exactly as I made them although a couple have twisted, it depends on how the grain in each piece is oriented. Lumber that is quarter- sawn is the most stable.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks