Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Altecs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altecs?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altecs?

    No it isn't an Altec. I've told the seller they don't care. Personally I have gotten to think less of those guys, they used to be an Altec dealer.

    They have a bunch of "prototypes" that aren't also. Apparently have no interest in giving accurate info.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altecs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    No it isn't an Altec. I've told the seller they don't care. Personally I have gotten to think less of those guys, they used to be an Altec dealer.

    They have a bunch of "prototypes" that aren't also. Apparently have no interest in giving accurate info.
    Yeah, I tried helping them out once with a listing. They seemed less than concerned. They eventually changed the listing, but only partially.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altecs?

    AND extremely overpriced.

  5. #5
    HB Super Moderator
    Altecs?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altecs?

    As I have noted before, they told me prices aren't for us, they are for the Asian market. And if you check his feedback he only sells a few pieces a month.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altecs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    As I have noted before, they told me prices aren't for us, they are for the Asian market. And if you check his feedback he only sells a few pieces a month.
    That's assuming the buyer leaves feedback. When I sold a 755A and shipped to a cargo container in New Jersey, I never got feedback. Still, a few pieces a month wouldn't surprise me.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    Altecs?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altecs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    That's assuming the buyer leaves feedback.
    I think 95 - 97 % do leave feedback. I have close to 200 on ebay and only a few have never left feedback.
    Last edited by Altec Best; August 8th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altecs?

    looks like part of the surround is ' no longer in the building '. about 11 o'clock -

    or in the case like that du-plex,

    this model was made like that ...


    40399167
    guns kill people,

    like spoons made rush limbaugh,

    fat ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.